Dell S3220DGF

Associate
Hi all does anyone own this monitor? and if so what are your thoughts

Just wanted to add i own a Dell U2715H which ive had a few years and its been excellent,i have a EVGA 1070 and i7 4790k. Do you guys personnally think going from the 27" to this 32" would be worthwhile?
Again cheers for any info/advice.

Regards Adger

Associate
OP
I just bought this monitor. Coming from my old BenQ XL2720Z it is a big step up in image quality.

I play mostly strategy and racing games, it seems to suit both very well. Motion is clear, colours are vibrant and the immersion level in games is really great. The 165hz refresh rate and freesync make the games play so smoothly.

Only have my old panel and my sons 24" Dell IPS screen to compare it to but I am happy with my purchase. I was used to a relatively low DPI with my old 27" 1080P screen so I have no issues with this 32" 2K screen.

For those who do buy this monitor here are a few things I noted from my experience with it.

10 bit colour and 165hz are both only available if connected via the displayport. HDMI offers 8 bit colour and 144hz.

The bundled displayport cable exhibited noticeable smearing and freesync flickering in some applications, particularly fast moving content. I replaced the cable with one from Amazon and both issues improved, smearing markedly so. Freesync flicker remains, fortunately with my 5700 XT pretty much all the games i play run the native refresh rate anyway so I can't really tell the different with it off! Hoping that a future driver or firmware update can resolve this however.

Colours are very vibrant and the screen has incredible pop in games like Rocket League. The curve is subtle but I like it coming from a flat screen.

Thank you very much for your thoughts im very tempted. Much appreiciated.

Back
Top Bottom