Dell shows its new U2410 display

Soldato
Dell Japan has listed a rather interesting new display based on IPS panel that comes with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs, the UltraSharp U2410.

This LCD is capable of covering 96 percent of Adobe's RGB color space and 100% of the sRGB color space. It has a 1,920 x 1,200 resolution, 6ms response time, an 80,000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m2 of brightness, all the inputs that you can think of, like HDMI, DisplayPort, two DVIs, D-Sub, Component RCA input, a 4-port USB hub and a card reader.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/14985/38/

Soldato

I'm sitting here with my brand new 2209WA that was bought to compliment my existing one - all happy and content - and then you post the above. ;)

I need a bigger desk - or i could maybe justify the pyramid setup that i've been trying to convince my wife is essential to my work. (but, i think she's getting wise to my technical b*ll*x talk.) Although, I make a very convincing argument to myself – even though it would be a totally unnecessary extravagance.

Nice link Happy - the card reader seems a bit dubious as i always feel that a monitor should really just be a monitor. Clean lines with nothing hanging out of it etc - but that's probably just me being aesthetically fussy.

Soldato
OP
I like the idea of USB ports on a monitor, but i would agree with the sentiment about the card reader. You now need to get two 24" and explain how much your productivity will be improved :D

Soldato
You now need to get two 24" and explain how much your productivity will be improved :D

I would have to weigh that up against the lack of productivity that would arise to my extremities being wrapped around my neck due to me buying 2 new monitors 6 months on from buying present ones :)

Just when I thought I'd settle on the HP, this comes along! It can only be a good thing though if it's released soon enough and for less than £400, which it probably won't...

If you’re talking about the HP LP2475w there is no need for any indecision – it’s a fantastic monitor and if I could have justified the expense I would have bought 2 of them instead of the 2209WA.

Man of Honour
Ohhh now THAT is a nice screen, plenty of connections for multiple HD sources and a beautiful cabinet to boot.

If the new Hazro models are not out soon enough I would be interested in looking to see how much an import would cost although I fear the Japanese menu system language will be the only language since it's being sold in Japan region only :/

Although I guess the next logical upgrade is a 30" IPS and not another 24" :p

P.S I've had Dell 2408WFP, HP L2475W, Hyundai 24", BenQ 24" !

Soldato
OP
I would have to weigh that up against the lack of productivity that would arise to my extremities being wrapped around my neck due to me buying 2 new monitors 6 months on from buying present ones :)

Ah, that would have course effect ones productivity. Still just buy a bigger desk at the same time, and pretend like nothing has changed :D

Associate
Shame it's wide gamut, i'm getting a bit fed up with the mess over colour reproduction with all these panels. We either need this fixed on the software side (and apparently Win 7 doesn't), or they need to stop doing them. These are consumer models really, wide gamut should be for those £1500 pro screens until its supported much, much more in regular software, especially the OS.

Anyhow, just so you know, this uses the same panel as in the HP, and if it's on par with that i'd prefer this one as it looks nicer imo, but the 2209WP still looks seriously good as its not wide gamut. Feel like Dell has really missed an opportunity here...

Associate
Shame it's wide gamut, i'm getting a bit fed up with the mess over colour reproduction with all these panels. We either need this fixed on the software side (and apparently Win 7 doesn't), or they need to stop doing them. These are consumer models really, wide gamut should be for those £1500 pro screens until its supported much, much more in regular software, especially the OS.
According to the news item at TFT Central it has a 12-bit internal LUT, so theoretically at least it should be able to reproduce the sRGB colour space more accurately than, say, the HP LP2475W. I guess it remains to be seen how well it performs in practice though.

Soldato
Very glad to see they're still producing 16:10 screens as it looks like most of the monitor world is going 16:9 which feels so much more "vertically cramped".

Back
Top Bottom