Dell U2713HM buzzing noise

Associate
I have suffered from buzzing monitor issues in the past so I read this post with interest!

I am concerned that Overclockers deleted a post that they didn't like and the link to the new post isn't accessible as of 23/11.

I for one would be interested to know the outcome of this - especially as I am considering purchasing a Dell monitor BUT do not want to suffer the aggro of replacing buzzing monitor after buzzing monitor only to find they all buzz.

Oh and with my buzzing monitor issue with a HANNS-G 27.5 occurred only when the brightness was reduced, but you couldn't leave the monitor at full brightness without going blind - it was very very bright. I know you can reduce the brightness via the graphic card but then suffer noticeable loss of picture quality - possibly by reducing the dynamnic range. Anyway this is real issue with monitors so it is not your imagination and although others say their monitor is completely silent it may well be their hearing is slightly impaired which is really a blessing in this siuation...

Man of Honour
I have suffered from buzzing monitor issues in the past so I read this post with interest!

I am concerned that Overclockers deleted a post that they didn't like and the link to the new post isn't accessible as of 23/11.

I for one would be interested to know the outcome of this - especially as I am considering purchasing a Dell monitor BUT do not want to suffer the aggro of replacing buzzing monitor after buzzing monitor only to find they all buzz.

Oh and with my buzzing monitor issue with a HANNS-G 27.5 occurred only when the brightness was reduced, but you couldn't leave the monitor at full brightness without going blind - it was very very bright. I know you can reduce the brightness via the graphic card but then suffer noticeable loss of picture quality - possibly by reducing the dynamnic range. Anyway this is real issue with monitors so it is not your imagination and although others say their monitor is completely silent it may well be their hearing is slightly impaired which is really a blessing in this siuation...

the post was deleted in line with the rules of the forums as it was all about shop related issues and negative shop comments.

From my experience now of 3 separate brand new U2713HM units, they all buzz in the "right" circumstances. In normal use, they dont but with some specific images (mainly screens full of text from a single application) they will exhibit feint buzzing from the monitor.

Associate
Wow so on a forum for overclockers UK it is policy to delete posts that have negative shop comments. Actually a while back I remember posting a negative review of an item that never appeared.

I don't like this selective censorship at all...

OcUK Staff
Wow so on a forum for overclockers UK it is policy to delete posts that have negative shop comments. Actually a while back I remember posting a negative review of an item that never appeared.

Please use the customer service forum, so the issue gets resolved. It has worked for everyone else.

OcUK Staff
It is not a claim. - I work extensively in the Customer Service forum myself, and I know that everyone that I deal with is happy with the turnout.

I will ensure issues are resolved, and will ensure everything is dealt with. Even if it means I cannot quite help you, I will try and make sure we can do something.

The Customer Service section is one to one, so you will not see xy16644's messages.

If you make a thread here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

With your issues, only you and staff at OcUK will be able to see it and they can look into the situation and shall be able to help you. :)

Man of Honour

if you read the rules which you signed up to to use the forums you will see that negative shop talk is not tolerated and never has been.

Associate
OP
Hi Everyone

I'd just like to let everyone know that OCUK have fully refunded me for the Dell monitor I returned to them (all the money is in my account as of today). They also refunded the "testing" fee they charged to my credit card. Its taken about 6 or so weeks but at least the issue was (finally) resolved and I was able to speak to someone who helped me through all the frustrations I had when dealing with this experience (thanks Bailey!).

I'm still without a monitor though for my new desktop I have built. I've been thinking of getting the Viewsonic VP2770-LED. Does this monitor buzz? Anyone care to comment? :D

Associate
Im having a similar issue with my 24" monitor,

I narrowed it down to the dual link dvi cable, if I connect a no frills DVI cable and set it at 60hz I cant hear any buzzing noise or electrical whine, If I connect a DVI Dual link cable (apologies I dont know the difference between all the different types)

If I connect a dual link cable the monitor will do 120hz yet I can hear buzzing noises when scrolling websites and viewing images or pages with lots of content,

I also found that If I was to google "wallpaper" for example and click on images, full screen that webpage and it will buzz when moving up and down the page, If I narrow the webpage from right to left the buzzing stops when the webpage fills about half the screen, very odd!

Good luck sorting it out mate!

Associate
Any updates on the buzzing issue?

I'm considering buying either the Dell U2713HM or the Samsung S27A850T. Both are available cheap here in Denmark right now but. I'll be using it for programming in MS Visual Studio and working a lot in MS Office and Photoshop (not anything professionally) as well, so I'm a bit concerned about the reported buzzing on the U2713HM. I could opt for the S27A850T instead but it's sister model S27A850D was reported a having BLB problems. Most say it has been fixed in the T-model but I found a single post reporting it was still an issue on his T-model.

Associate
I had the buzzing noise on my first U2713HM and it was so annoying. It wasn't all the time but I would visit just for example majorgeeks.com and crikey it would kick in. It was loud enough for my wife to ask what the "tiny fly like" noise was. I contacted Dell and they sent me a replacement next day. This one is fine so far :)

Back
Top Bottom