Dell Ultrasharp 2007WFP (LG Panel)..Photoshop use?

Soldato
Hi was just about to order one of these, checked on it and it has the LG panel in it, ive had a few LG panels and though they were all very very good, should i expect the same?

This WONT be used for games, just photo shop and general things, good enough???

Also i have a ATi 800xt (ithink lol) GPU, is that gonna be okay for the screen?

Thanks for any help!.

Soldato
The same is true of colour depth; TFT screens are closing the gap with CRTs when it comes to accurate colour reproduction.
Google Search

To be honest, for photoshop work I would still get a decent quality CRT. (£300)

But if space on desk is a higher priority than colour reproduction - I'll leave the thread to peeps who know more about the current TFT's on offer. :)

Associate
Hi,

I have the 2007WFP and am very pleased with it.

I don't use photoshop but I do, do web design and the colours look very good to me. It has colour adjustments so you can play around a bit although I left mine at the default setting.

The only thing I found is that the brightness is high as it is set at 50 by default. I now have mine at 20.

Your ATI 800XT will be fine as I'm running mine at full resolution on a ATI 9800 Pro.

Dan

Man of Honour
well it offers decent colour accuracy and colour depth. However, it's not the best screen for photoshop use, and there may still be some slight banding noticable depending on your use. It's a good price though, but as said, you could well pick up a more suited CRT for less. To get a better colour enthusiast TFT you'd have to spend a fair degree more though

Back
Top Bottom