Dell vs LG Ultrawide

Associate
Hi, im looking at getting a 49in ultrawide to replace my current 2 x Dell 2715H. I like LG and Dell, for 2 reasons:
1) I dont like monitors with a pronounced curve - i admit a harder curve would probably be useful, but my desk isnt that deep, i need something flatter rather than curvier (quiet at the back!)
2) I need something with at least 3 usb inputs so i can connect keyboard, mouse and headset via usb to control a desktop and a laptop.

Will be used at home for productivity and some gaming, i dont game online and mainly use strategy games, so instant response and ultra HD isnt something im too bothered about, the 5,120x1,440 i have now is good enough for me.

Ive been looking at the Dell 4919W or LG 49WL95C WE. DOes anyone have any ros or cons to either monitor, or any other advice?
As long as i have the inputs, can equal 5,120x1,440 and its not too curved (and can connect 1 desktop and 1 laptop), ill take anything, From my own research, i think to be fair that rules out a lot anyway!

It also appears the Dell is cheaper (and if you have a Student/Blue Light/Employee Advantage) you can probably get another 10-15% off.
Dell warranty is 3 years advanced exchange, LG I'm finding conflicting info whether it's 1 or 2 years

Another question! on tech specs of monitors with KVM inbuilt, when usb sockets etc are described as "upstream" or "downstream", which is the one i want to look at to work out if i can plug in keyboard, mouse and headset?

An upstream USB port means it will also have downstream, monitors with just downstream will only charge devices as such as there's no USB connection passing back through to the PC the monitor is connected to in order for the USB hub part to work.

I've not seen a modern monitor with just a USB upstream though, they usually always have both. The upstream port is also a Type-B variety which is the norm, and USB-A on the other end to connect to a PC etc.

For your uses you want a monitor that does have both.

Back
Top Bottom