DELL XPS M1530

Soldato
I`ll tell you what irritates me. I`ve looked at a few systems in the Dell outlet (1330 and 1530`s) and they all mention 800mhz RAM. But when I try to price up a brand new system, the only option for both the 1330 and 1530 is 667mhz RAM - how annoying. Do Dell actually provide 800mhz not 667, or are the newer machines lower specced, or are the 800mhz speeds of the Dell Outlet machines not true? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Associate
I`ll tell you what irritates me. I`ve looked at a few systems in the Dell outlet (1330 and 1530`s) and they all mention 800mhz RAM. But when I try to price up a brand new system, the only option for both the 1330 and 1530 is 667mhz RAM - how annoying. Do Dell actually provide 800mhz not 667, or are the newer machines lower specced, or are the 800mhz speeds of the Dell Outlet machines not true? hmmmmmmmmmm.

800MHz not true, the newer CPU's can handle 800Mhz+ but the Santa Rosa chipset used in the M1330 and M1530's can only handle 667Mhz.

Laptops based around the Montevina chipset will support upto DDR3-1066 SO-Dimms... but the XPS M range is not gonna get that... The new XPS Studio will get that..

Associate
IRT Faroogm: You dont frequent the NBR forum do you?? lol. Those guys over there seem to have been waiting for quite a while for the refresh.

IRT UberGT: It does make logical sense and there haws been "leaked" slides showing the studio xps laptops, but its all a bit dodgy atm, the slides said release in november, but that didnt materailise. so who knows. Apparenlty Jan/early feb now...

only time will tell ;)

Permabanned
IRT UberGT: It does make logical sense and there haws been "leaked" slides showing the studio xps laptops, but its all a bit dodgy atm, the slides said release in november, but that didnt materailise. so who knows. Apparenlty Jan/early feb now...

only time will tell ;)

Yes according to NBR its all rumours tho as the guy that works for dell isnt saying anything.

Associate
Have had my M1530 for a week now (it took 5 days to come from the Outlet).

So far i love it. I re-installed with Vista 64 straight away, and haven't looked back. Probably the only thing I find slightly annoying is that the colours on the screen look totally different to those on my 2407 Dell Monitor and there seems to be no way of adjusting them to match.

One question I have...the area of black surrounding multimedia touch keys is a bit of a mess and I am assuming that there is a clear plastic layer here that I am supposed to peel off. Can anyone confirm this is the case..I would hate to start peeling to find it's actually supposed to be there.

Soldato
One question I have...the area of black surrounding multimedia touch keys is a bit of a mess and I am assuming that there is a clear plastic layer here that I am supposed to peel off. Can anyone confirm this is the case..I would hate to start peeling to find it's actually supposed to be there.

Yes, as far as I recall with my 1530, there was a clear protective film that you peel off on that part.

There is also a film on the silver part that is on the lower part of the laptop near the touchpad that also comes off.

I dont know if most folk remove them or not, but mine started to look shabby and peel up at the edges so it got removed pronto. ;)

Associate
Got the m1530 for xmas and must say it really is a good laptop to be honest.

I got this spec:

T9300 (2.5ghz)
4GB ram
8600M GT
1440x900 screen
320GB (7200 rpm) hd
9 cell battery

Have been playing eve online, ut3, cod 4 and cod-waw so far and have all ran perfectly without any stuttering etc.

Associate
Got the m1530 for xmas and must say it really is a good laptop to be honest.

I got this spec:

T9300 (2.5ghz)
4GB ram
8600M GT
1440x900 screen
320GB (7200 rpm) hd
9 cell battery

Have been playing eve online, ut3, cod 4 and cod-waw so far and have all ran perfectly without any stuttering etc.

How much did you end up paying for that?

Associate
Sorry to revive an ageing thread but I was wondering if anyone had any issues with their adapter before.

Today when I was moving my laptop to another room, I plugged my adapter into the mains and I could hear some quiet beeping/whining. I saw that the green LED was fading fast on my adapter. I unplugged and replugged it back into the mains, and it was then fine.

However, the beeping earlier kinda worries me. Is it a sign my adapter is dying and that I should get it replaced ASAP? My warranty runs out in a month or two. Ironic how this has just happened when I received my new desktop components this morning and I'm building it as I type! :)

Back
Top Bottom