Dell2407, the only one worth getting?

Associate
Are there any other monitors I should be looking at besides this?

I need a 23-26 inch Widescreen monitor with 1920x1200 native resolution.

It will be used for EVERYTHING. PC Gaming, Sky HD & Xbox 360 mostly. 1:1 Mapping is a must have. The more inputs the better.

I wont be getting it right now, probably around Feb-March, so if there are any upcoming monitors you know about, please let me know.

Associate
I'd wait and see what else appears. I'm put off the Dell by the poor component input and the tearing you get using a 360 over vga @ 1:1. I'm considering an Eizo S2410WK but it doesn't have HDCP. The NEC 2690 will have everything but will cost a small fortune.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a whole bunch of us at the moment milling around grumbling about current 24" LCD :)

All we want is a good screen for PC work, 1:1 scaling and decent 1080p or (i) over componant so we can run Xbox 360 over one input and the PC over another.

HDMI and HDCP would be an advantage.

It seems there's still not one option that does it all (nor does it look like there's one on the horizon) :(

Last edited:
Associate
Athanor said:
There's a whole bunch of us at the moment milling around grumbling about current 24" LCD :)
Grumbling is the right word lol. You have to laugh at how we are all desperately searching for this mythical screen. It seems almost everything day I almost order something: the Dell, the Eizo, a HDTV...

Associate
OP
Indeed. How hard would it have been for BenQ to include 1:1 mapping.

I find it hard to believe that not one manufacturer has got it all sorted.

*grumblegrumble*

Associate
RichL said:
Grumbling is the right word lol. You have to laugh at how we are all desperately searching for this mythical screen. It seems almost everything day I almost order something: the Dell, the Eizo, a HDTV...

i bought the dell today. Fed up with waiting.

Associate
Hi ,i am looking at this monitor or the benq when it arrives but am confused as to which screen would run best with an xbox 360.

Associate
OP
andyr said:
Hi ,i am looking at this monitor or the benq when it arrives but am confused as to which screen would run best with an xbox 360.
I don't tihnk either would be worth it.

The Dell seems to have issues (not sure exactly what these issues are) when running at 1080i via component, and the BenQ will stretch the image and make it look crap.

Soldato
RichL said:
I'd wait and see what else appears. I'm put off the Dell by the poor component input and the tearing you get using a 360 over vga @ 1:1. I'm considering an Eizo S2410WK but it doesn't have HDCP. The NEC 2690 will have everything but will cost a small fortune.

A little concerned about the VGA/X360 bit you mentioned there!!

I have just played some 8 - 10 hours of NBA2K6 on the Dell 2407 using the VGA cable and suffered no tearing. Using 1366*768 res - why on earth would you try and run it 1:1?

Associate
Sorry, I meant in aspect mode not 1:1. I read that the 2407 tears badly using the 360 over vga in that mode (i.e. black bars at the top and bottom) - is that not true? Apparently fill mode is fine (link).

If you can confirm no tearing in aspect mode at 1366x768 that would be great. Maybe it only effects 1280x768?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom