Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
I found 4-2 OK. But then I'm a bow welding, magic using scardey cat! :p

It was also one of my favourite areas for farming. Can spend an hour or so on the first part down to the 2nd Wraith dude. Run back to start and jump off the cliff. Respawn - souls are right there and rinse and repeat.

Easily a million souls or two in a good session if you have the patience earlier on in the game.

Caporegime
Currently £14.90 on Amazon. Guess it's a pricing error but it's also limited to 1 copy per customer so perhaps not.

Edit: And back to £54.99.

Edit 2: Just got a dispatched email :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Started playing this again after a long break and started with Royal using magic for the first time in any of these games. I must say it is a lot easier playing this way and most enemies melt with a decent fire spell. Loving it all over again.

It was also one of my favourite areas for farming. Can spend an hour or so on the first part down to the 2nd Wraith dude. Run back to start and jump off the cliff. Respawn - souls are right there and rinse and repeat.

I was doing this yesterday. Such an easy place to farm souls.

Soldato
Started playing this again after a long break and started with Royal using magic for the first time in any of these games. I must say it is a lot easier playing this way and most enemies melt with a decent fire spell. Loving it all over again.

I was doing this yesterday. Such an easy place to farm souls.

Yeah I'm Royal also. Pretty good if you quickly go 4-1 and get the compound longbow. I think the crescent falchion is knocking around there somewhere too.

Along with ranged spells I found this loadout worked really well once upgraded. I went to 2-1 to farm resources and there's a handy trader there too.

I have a bug in my game though where Yuria won't sell me the powerful flame spell. Really annoying.

Soldato
Yeah I'm Royal also. Pretty good if you quickly go 4-1 and get the compound longbow. I think the crescent falchion is knocking around there somewhere too.

Along with ranged spells I found this loadout worked really well once upgraded. I went to 2-1 to farm resources and there's a handy trader there too.

I have a bug in my game though where Yuria won't sell me the powerful flame spell. Really annoying.
Using the Crescent Falchion +5 and yeah I scales with magic so it's really powerful. It's located at 4-1 where the red eyed ninja dude is up on the cliff to your left at the start.

Maneater and Flamelurker down tonight. I summoned for Flamelurker because I remember him being a pain but we wrecked him in about 30 seconds. Loving this game again.

Edit +4!

Last edited:
Soldato
I just finished a NG+ run last night. Only did it because I wanted all magic achievement but half way through realised I had messed up but carried on anyway. Must say NG+ is a substantial difficulty spike...bosses are for the most part ok, but the fact that there are a few enemies in the game that one shot you in NG+ is so frustrating and it really doesn't matter how much health you stack. Still I now know in fine detail how the AI for the mind flayers work :)

Love this game, think it is by far my favourite souls. Its just so fun to tear through.

Last edited:
Associate
ok, loved BloodBorne managed to complete it some years ago but this game is really doing my head in, I just cant get to the first boss and have put a decent amount of hours in. So frustrating. Same with Returnal. Maybe I'm just past it at 51 :(

Soldato
ok, loved BloodBorne managed to complete it some years ago but this game is really doing my head in, I just cant get to the first boss and have put a decent amount of hours in. So frustrating. Same with Returnal. Maybe I'm just past it at 51 :(
Same age as me! It's pretty easy the first area what's the issue do you think? I have played it before though so I know where to and more importantly where not to go.

I am coming to the end of it now and I'm considering NG+ as I've enjoyed it so much. Hardest boss for me was the Maneaters but I managed it after 3 tries or so but I had one comedy fall off the bridge which doesn't count! Warding is a very nice spell it saved me a few times.

Soldato
Reading this thread makes me want to re-play this again, I have very fond memories of this, my first Souls game and I managed to beat it too. The whole game was so brutal and rewarding, I would love another bash at it. The graphics and sound alone still live long in the memory.

Soldato
Reading this thread makes me want to re-play this again, I have very fond memories of this, my first Souls game and I managed to beat it too. The whole game was so brutal and rewarding, I would love another bash at it. The graphics and sound alone still live long in the memory.
Same. I have very fond memories (and bad ones lol) from the PS3 days. It's by far my favourite Souls game (my first as well) I just adore it. What Bluepoint have done needs to be seen and heard. It really is something else. Easier than the DS games I think once you get some levels in.

Associate
Same age as me! It's pretty easy the first area what's the issue do you think? I have played it before though so I know where to and more importantly where not to go.

I am coming to the end of it now and I'm considering NG+ as I've enjoyed it so much. Hardest boss for me was the Maneaters but I managed it after 3 tries or so but I had one comedy fall off the bridge which doesn't count! Warding is a very nice spell it saved me a few times.

Got to the bridge just once and the dragon burned me up. Maybe I need some more practice but I dont have the time at the mo.

Soldato
Got to the bridge just once and the dragon burned me up. Maybe I need some more practice but I dont have the time at the mo.

Ah OK. As soon as the flames start to recede run and don't stop! If you get through that bit you open up the shortcut to the boss and you don't have to do it again. Be careful going down the stairs after the dragon. Shield up!

Soldato
Ah OK. As soon as the flames start to recede run and don't stop! If you get through that bit you open up the shortcut to the boss and you don't have to do it again. Be careful going down the stairs after the dragon. Shield up!

Ha, I remember getting past that dragon for the first time and felt a huge sigh of relief! Relieved, I carried on carelessly not thinking went down the stairs, turned the corner, killed by the poky stick dudes! Totally caught me off guard that.

Soldato
Ha, I remember getting past that dragon for the first time and felt a huge sigh of relief! Relieved, I carried on carelessly not thinking went down the stairs, turned the corner, killed by the poky stick dudes! Totally caught me off guard that.

Oh me too. Damn you Fromsoftware! From joy and relief to immediate pain and death. Great.

Associate

Easily a million souls or two in a good session if you have the patience earlier on in the game.

If you can push on to 4-3 or 4-4 as the flying Ray type enemies are so easy to farm with soul arrow and you gain more souls in shorter time.

Soldato
My friend was struggling a bit, so jumped on his account for 30 mins farming 4-4 - nuke the group in a few seconds by the spawn point and then reset, don't bother chasing the flappys that go to the corners of the map. Very easy and little risk.

Caporegime
How do you change world tendency via PVP? Nearly finished the game and have most of the trophies so thought I would go for the platinum but I forgot to suicide in a couple of worlds so I'm not pure white in world 3 or 5.

Soldato
How do you change world tendency via PVP? Nearly finished the game and have most of the trophies so thought I would go for the platinum but I forgot to suicide in a couple of worlds so I'm not pure white in world 3 or 5.
have to get invaded and kill the invader to move to white.
You wont be able to get platinum without completing most of NG+ which is a significant step up in difficulty, and you will likely have to start a new character unless youv prepped due to boss soul requirements/farming for items (you do not want to be farming pure bladestone in NG+) /triggering key tendency events.

Associate

killing the bosses turns world tendency white, if youre high level then pvp is a risk to turn world tendency as if you die your character tendency will change, making either of the rings you get for pure black and pure white character harder to get.
Easier to start a new character and play in soul form only for first playthrough, do all the white achievements, then go black.
Platinum takes 2.5 playthru's, do all the boss specific achievements on the first playthru.
You can also find somebody with the ability to put a red sign down in your world to help you by allowing you to kill them 5 or 6 times or whatever.
The pure bladestone swap for a ring will take about an hour to farm, its the worst part

Back
Top Bottom