Deploying Laravel 5.2 site help needed

Associate
Hi all,

I have 2 problems.
I have a site that I wish to deploy, I have used Heroku in the past and I am happy to do so again, however I would like to be able to look at the files and database once deployed. I know I can use the comand line and tinker to update the database could I also use the command line to look at the file structure and delete files if needed ??

The other option would be for me to deploy to a videhost site, however this looks realy tricky.. I have set up a deployHQ account and managed to deploy once to it however this deployed to the wrong place www.websitename.co.uk/www.websitename.co.uk. PHP on the server looked out of date and would i need to do composer updat to install the dependancys on the server or not.

Which is the better option? its not a high intensaty site and heroku free would be enough

Associate
I have a Laravel site deployed to TSOHost (which if i recall is part of the same company as Vidahost). I remember having some issues with PHP versions during deployment which caused a few headaches but once it was up and running it has all worked very well. If Heroku was a simiple deployment process I would go down that route.

Soldato
Hi all,

I have 2 problems.
I have a site that I wish to deploy, I have used Heroku in the past and I am happy to do so again, however I would like to be able to look at the files and database once deployed. I know I can use the comand line and tinker to update the database could I also use the command line to look at the file structure and delete files if needed ??

The other option would be for me to deploy to a videhost site, however this looks realy tricky.. I have set up a deployHQ account and managed to deploy once to it however this deployed to the wrong place www.websitename.co.uk/www.websitename.co.uk. PHP on the server looked out of date and would i need to do composer updat to install the dependancys on the server or not.

Which is the better option? its not a high intensaty site and heroku free would be enough

Could try grab an AWS instance? I have a few laravel sites and it's nicer to have a dedicated box.

Currently using PHP 7 and all fully automated using deployer - https://deployer.org/

Associate
I would suggest you to use Cloudways platform to deploy Laravel 5.2 as it is the easiest way I know of. You just launch a pre-configured PHP server and install Laravel through composer. The entire process would take only 10-15 minutes.

Soldato
Have you looked into Laravel Forge with Digital Ocean providing the server?

As someone fairly new to Laravel, the joy of being able to use Github to store my project, push updates and have them directly filter through to my site on Forge is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom