Design your Dream Case!

Soldato
OP
Yeh, tonight totals the amount of time I have sat infront of a TV this year - top gear.

Ok must think aluminium, aluminium, PC7+, Wavemaster...

Ok I am back, vento, im ok now honest, raidmax ninja, really I am!

Soldato
Ok another idea:
Silverstone Sugo style, but with a 120mm fan magically crammed in, and a somehow-dustproof mesh window. Oh, and a removeable mobo tray. Oh, and one in green. :cool:

Soldato
OP
p4radox said:
Ok another idea:
Silverstone Sugo style, but with a 120mm fan magically crammed in, and a somehow-dustproof mesh window. Oh, and a removeable mobo tray. Oh, and one in green. :cool:

It doesnt have a monster / lordi theme.

Oh I have it.

Silverstone Sugo Evolution 2-Lordi :D

Soldato
my idea was similar to the TJ07 but uses 120mm fans, so 2 in the bottom and 2 in the top, just a tunnel of airflow. as i love my sb75g2 shuttle i would love it in that style

Associate
Loving some of the idea's here! The updated ATC TJ03 sounds good and the Wavemaster with V1000 internals is just what I could do with right now :D Never knew you were such a Wavemaster fan Yewen...

As for the dream case, yep, updated 110, with 120mm rear and blow hole, 92mm's at the front to keep that beautiful front panel. Could deal with 92mm's all over though. A few other little niggles I'd sort out would be to change the case feet to have a silver stripe over the gold, make the top panel a few mm shorter on both sides to match perfectly in line with the door's top line and stronger magnets. Don't think it would be a bad idea to include USB ports etc as standard inside the front door on one of the 3 1/2 inch bays.

Oh, and this case does exist in design, was a product design project of mine. My 110 is perfectly orignal though, just got it back from restoration. :)

Associate
Steeps said:
what if you kept the front styling of the 110, but had a single 120mm fan with an adapter to the vents?

Ah, compromise - it just wouldn't look right. 2x 92mm's still push a lot of air and arn't loud, they barely enlarge the grill either. Much more feasable imo. :)

Soldato
OP
I have used or seen neither I am afraid. :( Sorry!

All I can say is Compucase are a very value brand usually, and judging by the pricing of it I would say it is not up to much.

The Thermalrock I have no idea on, someone else will probably know, make a thread on it. :)

Associate
Yeah cheers anyway, I have pretty much made up my mind on the compucase thats to give to my folks as their pc is currently running in my old Xaser, the little desktop should suite them quite well I hope.

What would you recommend to someone who needs good cooling and is fed up with all the same old windowed towers? (hence my looking at the mystic)

To add something on topic, I would really like to make a case with two pcs running back to back 1 main powerful rig for gaming and a smaller system to do all those things that I like to have going at the same time like chat etc.
Maybe connect it all into one cooling system. Would be a beast probably, but it's something I've often thought of doing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You want a HTPC recommendation, then the Silverstone Lascala cases get my vote, or the Hiper cases.

As a normal non OTT tower from a Xaser case, the PC7+ is a great case for its price, or the Antec Super Lanboy. Depends on price but those two from OcUK at the moment offer unbeatable value for money.

Two PC's in one case, very hard to do unless you run a small ITX rig with external PSU in a full tower, not really worth it for the gain you would see.

Associate
Yeah well the 2in1 thing is just a silly 'dream' pc, although I'm sure with some rewiring of a quality psu I could manage it, they just wouldn't be able to run independantly.
I really like the idea of doing the oak case though, would blend in with my furniture nicely, would probably soak up some heat but would certainly dampen vibrations.

Don't remember the hiper cases will have to have another look. Cheers.

Associate
Yewen said:
Yup, no tacky CM branding. :p

:eek: How can you say such a thing? Not only did they use the same ink ingraving type stuff, but without CM, we may not have ever had the ATC cases as we know them! Don't be a brand snob, yes, ATC designs are great, but CM not only contributed a lot to the designs but manufactured them too!

Last edited:
Soldato
tim_enchanter said:
I'm hoping this summer that I'll get around to making a case made of oak, styled like the Lian-Li PC-777, I know a damn good carpenter that owes me a favour.
There seems to be a lot of wooden cases being made lately, dont forget to make a worklog or at least show us the finished pics :) . Im thinking of making a wooden case made of Ash and dying it black, with the edges beveled off to match my speakers. I was thinking of American Walnut at first but got a quote of over £260 so ill give it a miss.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom