Desperate (game) pc upgrade advise needed

Associate
Dear readers,
I have amd ryzen 7 2700, 32gb ddr 3000, zotac rtx3080 nvidia trinity oC 10gb videocard and X570S AORUS ELITE AX mainboard.
My question is Will i have a lot of benefit when upgrading to ryzen 7 5800x ?
I know ryzen 7 2700 is limited to pcie 3 and ddr 3000
There is a lot to find om internet about an upgrade of this kind but most of it is sponsord so I doubt if those advises are sinsere
I also consider to upgrade my mem as wel but ryzen 7 5800x seems to be limited to ddr3200?
Will I benefit (a lot) with this kind of upgrade (processor and mem) for Mainly gaming.
I play cod mw2 a lot (latest cod)
Thnx for your help and advise and sorry got my bad english

Associate
have a look at this

5800x with some 3600ram would be a good upgrade. I ran ddr4 3600 on my 5800x without issues, all though the guy in the video is running 3200 ram

Last edited:
Associate
OP
have a look at this

5800x with some 3600ram would be a good upgrade. I ran ddr4 3600 on my 5800x without issues, all though the guy in the video is running 3200 ram
Dear griff, i’ve seen this video but I wonder because not all games are cpu intensive I believe cod mw2 is more gpu bound and this is also the Reading whay I have my doubts concerning upgrading.
Will it be wurth (beside more use of the capacity of my mb) as well for cod mw2

Man of Honour
Mainly 2k 1440p of possible at ultra but my zotac has a lot of whining

I'd like to see some benchmarks specific to your game, but I suspect that from this video *, at 1440p/Ultra, it is probably not worth it.

Associate
I'd suggest a budget upgrade to a 5700X and a max upgrade for that platform to a 5800X3D.

I agree that at 1440P, the CPU matters less in gaming. I'd still want a better CPU than the 2700 that OP currently has just for the significant uplift in minimum frame rates.

Associate
Dear griff, i’ve seen this video but I wonder because not all games are cpu intensive I believe cod mw2 is more gpu bound and this is also the Reading whay I have my doubts concerning upgrading.
Will it be wurth (beside more use of the capacity of my mb) as well for cod mw2
I just found this video on youtube
you have not said what issues you are having playing the game with your present set up but I assume if you are looking for an ugprade there must be a reason. Have a look at the video and see if the performance this guy is getting with the same set up you are asking about and decide from there if you think it is worth doing. He is apparantly running at 4k ultra settings, looks good to me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
On an X570 Board I'd probably just go all in on a 5800X3D and leave the rest unless you're not running on a NVME SSD either in which case I'd pick one up too.

Associate
OP
have a look at this

Will it be wurth (beside more use of the capacity of my mb) as well for cod mw
I'd like to see some benchmarks specific to your game, but I suspect that from this video *, at 1440p/Ultra, it is probably not worth it.

this is wat I can’t decide what to do I have ryzen 7 instead of ryzen5 and want to go for ryzen 7 5800x video shows ryzen 5 2700x
Dont know if I can compare those results

Soldato
You'll see a benefit, the 2700 is a little old now.

Also consider an AMD gpu once you've done this if you really want to push the frames, MW2 runs a lot faster on AMD equivalent cards.

Associate
Will it be wurth (beside more use of the capacity of my mb) as well for cod mw

this is wat I can’t decide what to do I have ryzen 7 instead of ryzen5 and want to go for ryzen 7 5800x video shows ryzen 5 2700x
Dont know if I can compare those results
there is no r5 2700x the video i linked is for r7 cpu's. Tetras linked the video for r5 cpu's.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You'll see a benefit, the 2700 is a little old now.

Also consider an AMD gpu once you've done this if you really want to push the frames, MW2 runs a lot faster on AMD equivalent cards.
O i didn’t know that amd generaties higer fr on cod than nvidia
Which amd (affordable) would you recommand ?
Long time avond I had amd gpu but found the software crappy compared to nvidia

Soldato
O i didn’t know that amd generaties higer fr on cod than nvidia
Which amd (affordable) would you recommand ?
Long time avond I had amd gpu but found the software crappy compared to nvidia
6800xt and upwards would be quite a bit faster (6800xt prob same value as a 3080, at least in the UK)

Associate
OP
Dear all,
Meanwhile I bought ryzen 7 5700x and just a few days ago new videocard aorus 4070ti master 16gb
I now run Cod mw3 (new version) at 1440p
At ultra with fr 200-260
So I’m very happy and this card had no coil whining and tem State low (Max 62ddgrees Hotspot) (ambient 28 degree)
Where the zotac ran at 70+ degree under those conditions

Back
Top Bottom