Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Don
Likewise, also buying DLC so soon after game release just doesnt sit right with me especially more than likely everyone will have nothing to do once again in 10 days or so.

Yep, I decided today that I won't be purchasing the DLC. Having paid £40 for the game only a few weeks ago, I feel utterly conned that I have to pay another £15 to keep playing. They can sod off, I'll go back to playing PUBG.

Soldato
So literally the only place I can buy the expansion pass is now through the blizzard store at £29.99? GMG is sold out and CDkeys.com dont seem to sell the PC expansion pass

Soldato
So those on pc moaning about the dlc, would you have preferred them to wait for a couple of months then release it?

While usually i'm totally against unnecessary DLC or feeling that I've only bought half a game and then being charged for the rest, I don't feel that with destiny 2, the base game is worth it's value, i've gotten significant playtime out of it and for the most part had a lot of fun. £25 for 2 expansions, is also more than reasonable, if it's like destiny 1 then it will also have a lot of free content provided over it's lifetime aswell.

The game is far from perfect, it has a lot to improve upon but they were very clear about it's main release schedule and the DLC to follow.

Don
So those on pc moaning about the dlc, would you have preferred them to wait for a couple of months then release it?

While usually i'm totally against unnecessary DLC or feeling that I've only bought half a game and then being charged for the rest, I don't feel that with destiny 2, the base game is worth it's value, i've gotten significant playtime out of it and for the most part had a lot of fun. £25 for 2 expansions, is also more than reasonable, if it's like destiny 1 then it will also have a lot of free content provided over it's lifetime aswell.

The game is far from perfect, it has a lot to improve upon but they were very clear about it's main release schedule and the DLC to follow.

Yes i would prefer that the "vanilla" game was left to run for a few months before getting the DLC. As it stands, i either pay £30
(because that is the cost today) to keep playing, or I stop playing because the rest of the social interaction within the game requires the DLC / everyone to be on the same version.

As it stands, it is a £70 AAA title with another DLC coming sometime in the spring. This is NOT a game worthy of a £70 price tag right now.

They were never clear that DLC would come 6 weeks after release.

Associate

Fanboys will be fanboys

Associate
It was always clear to me that the first dlc would come quickly, as Bungie on numerous occasions said that they would be releasing dlc at the same time on all platforms. As the pc version was released ~6 weeks after the consoles, we have gotten the first dlc about 6 weeks earlier than would be the usual timetable. Add that together and we get the 3 months that other people in this thread are saying would be their ideal timetable.
One thing i'm a little miffed about is the fact i have to buy 2 dlc at once. But tbh i have had more than my moneys worth out of this game. I still struggle to see why so much negativity. It isn't perfect, but i feel things are blown out of proportion. For one of the better releases this year, it seems every other post is a complaint.

Soldato
OP
The game was not released in September, it was released on Oct 24th - exactly 6 weeks ago.

On console.

But the game initially came out in September. They said the PC release was delayed, which it was. Which would you prefer, to consistently be 6 weeks behind console so every time 'new' content comes out, it'll actually be content that will have had multiple guides written for it already or have a short 6 week run until the first wave of DLC and then get it at the same time as everyone else?

Moaning for the sake of moaning.

They were never clear that DLC would come 6 weeks after release.

There are numerous articles floating around the internet from September that said DLC would drop in December.

Soldato
Good for you wanting the delay, I don't think anyone else in the world would want it, bringing the content into the same release schedule is one thing they actually have right.

They couldn't have been clearer about the dlc release date, before the game even came out.

I'm sorry I seem to be missing something, does the game switch off for those without the dlc? Are you blocked from entering the game?

Cully, great line, never seen it before, thank you so much for your contribution - can't wait to see what classic you will throw out next.

Associate
Cully, great line, never seen it before, thank you so much for your contribution - can't wait to see what classic you will throw out next.

Time for you to grow up son,maybe try to understand that not everyone agrees with you and we are entitled to an opinion that differs from yours.
If you disagree that's cool but its amazing how anyone who disagrees with you are automatically "moaning" in your little world.

Soldato
Time for you to grow up son,maybe try to understand that not everyone agrees with you and we are entitled to an opinion that differs from yours.
If you disagree that's cool but its amazing how anyone who disagrees with you are automatically "moaning" in your little world.

Hilarious that you tell me to grow up when your worldly contribution is to call "fanboy".

Actually, you are wrong again, plenty of things in this game comes down to personal opinion - random weapon rolls for example, I like how it is, many disagree - they are not wrong, it comes down to personal preference. Debating matchmaking for raids is pretty clear cut though, you were welcome to jump in and have a discussion but you chose another option.

This is what I know, you have contributed zero, make pathetic attempts to antagonise - son, really? I'm always up for a discussion but you are just a tool that isn't worth anyones time or consideration.

Drollic, if you want to do the raid and happy to do some prep work, we quite often have a spot available, you are welcome to join.

Associate
A tool now am i?
Pathetic little fanboy proving my point yet again.
How dare anyone disagree with you or post negatives about your game haha your hilarious.

Still butthurt I see, ffs get over it its an internet message board :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom