Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
There's a newer that came out after Shadowkeep, it's still not great though, you run around the cosmodrome, do a couple of basic quests and then it lets you loose into the city (worth running on at least one character to open up the riskrunner quest, it's a damn good arc SMG). and if you do it, failsafe stops calling you Captain, for shame.

Oh and if you quit and restart at any point in the middle of that it'll dump you into the new season intro or expansion intro to make it even more confusing,

Last edited:
Soldato
The actor Lance Reddick who was the voice of Zavala in Destiny 2, The voice of Sylens in Horizon Zero Dawn and Charon in the John Wick movies has died aged 60 :(

Last edited:
Soldato
i realise i'm quite late to this and not played any proper PC games in a while. But I noticed Destiny2 was free to play on Steam, so downloaded it.

Played for about an hour yesterday and enjoyed it, been trying to play again today, but the game just won't launch at all from steam. Have tried a few things from Bungie's site. I can see from windows event viewer when i launch it i get:

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Not sure how many people read this thread, but just wanted to ask if anyone's had a similar issue.

[Edit] Another bungie post suggested updating Windows, done that and noticed my nvidia drivers are a bit out, so downloading now to update those and try again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Nade, welcome to the game! Are you getting any other issues within Windows or other games?

If you have fast internet, the only other thing I would suggest is maybe reinstalling the game? (You could also "verify game files" in Steam before doing that to see if there are any fixable errors).

Soldato
Hi Nade, welcome to the game! Are you getting any other issues within Windows or other games?

If you have fast internet, the only other thing I would suggest is maybe reinstalling the game? (You could also "verify game files" in Steam before doing that to see if there are any fixable errors).
Thanks. I seem to have resolved it, appears to work perfectly after updating the nvidia drivers. Cheers!

Soldato
Started playing Destiny 2 recently, only the F2P version. Noticed that there is a lot of different DLC's, do you need to buy all of these and go through them 1 by 1 ? Seems like it'd cost a lot to get them all, not sure how it works

Soldato
Started playing Destiny 2 recently, only the F2P version. Noticed that there is a lot of different DLC's, do you need to buy all of these and go through them 1 by 1 ? Seems like it'd cost a lot to get them all, not sure how it works
Destiny 2 is expensive, it’s a good game but I gave up. They take the **** with the DLC prices.

Associate
They've done a bundle that gets you everything although, yeah, it's not cheap really.

image.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Had issues with Destiny 2 recently,game was crashing back to steam after a few seconds,removed drivers etc etc
Turns out it was due to me using steam beta
Was fine until latest update i guess?
Anyway if you are having issues try this
Install steam vanilla instead :)

Soldato
Bit quiet here lately
not surprised,every afternoon it seems that `Destiny servers are offline` :mad:Do other games go offline as much as Destiny?
Suggestions for some other game `similar`in gameplay please as i am getting ticked off

Associate
I Still play but very casually - log on do some stuff and log off - not as addicted thankfully as i once was. I can easily miss days or weeks and not care too much. Yeah a true D2 alternative would be amazing

Associate
The servers have always had regular maintenance windows when they do patches etc.

Stopped years ago but still know people playing. I've been told the latest dungeon is alright but they've run the game into the ground. I suspect they were expecting to have Destiny be a strong revenue intake to allow them to work on their up and coming games (Marathon). And with their miss management that's all dried up, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything new from them.

Associate
I'm just coming back to Destiny2 after a few years off... last played in Oct 2019.

The sheer quantity of DLC and season passes is a tad confusing.

I think I should get the Destiny 2: Legacy Collection (2023) as that gives me 3 expansions I've never played (The Witch Queen, Beyond Light & Shadowkeep) plus the Lightfall expansion.

I guess I have a couple of questions:

am I missing anything that is currently available to purchase that I really should experience?
is the Annual Pass version of Lightfall worth buying at this stage, with the next expansion coming in June?

Associate
The campaigns are all so similar, everything is essentially a reskin - as long as you're alright with kill small enemies, stand on plate, kill big boss etc, it's all good.

Does the 30th anniversary thing come included with that? That's the only thing I'd mention, due to it including Gjallarhorn.

Soldato
I'm just coming back to Destiny2 after a few years off... last played in Oct 2019.

The sheer quantity of DLC and season passes is a tad confusing.

I think I should get the Destiny 2: Legacy Collection (2023) as that gives me 3 expansions I've never played (The Witch Queen, Beyond Light & Shadowkeep) plus the Lightfall expansion.

I guess I have a couple of questions:

am I missing anything that is currently available to purchase that I really should experience?
is the Annual Pass version of Lightfall worth buying at this stage, with the next expansion coming in June?
That'll cover everything that's still relevant.

Also, I wouldn't buy the annual pass as I think we're into the last season before the next expansion...maybe it's the second last, I can't remember. It'd be cheaper to buy the game on sale and then the individual season if you want it.

I stopped playing after a season and a bit of the Lightfall expansion. I think they ruined the game with that one. It peaked at Witch Queen and some of the seasonal stuff since is just dire.

I'll probably buy the Final Shape expansion when it's on sale just to finish off the story arc but the game isn't what it was when I started playing and I don't like it. :D

Back
Top Bottom