Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Setup cross save last night for mt PS4/PC account, worked well. Now have my Titan on PS4 and PC, feels good knowing I can play solo on PC, but switch to PS4 to do group stuff.

Associate
Going to jump back on this tonight, after a looooong time away. Reading this thread has reignited the Guardian in me!

I checked and I'm a Level 20 265 Warlock. Any tips on how to progress quickly so I can get to the end-game content where everyone else is would be great.

Soldato
Back on this and loving it again, I sent a clan invite a couple of days back.

Cheers

are you in discord? Clan requirement is to join, even if you don’t always use a mic. Just text chat etc as well.

Going to jump back on this tonight, after a looooong time away. Reading this thread has reignited the Guardian in me!

I checked and I'm a Level 20 265 Warlock. Any tips on how to progress quickly so I can get to the end-game content where everyone else is would be great.

get to max character level and use power surge bounties

Associate
are you in discord? Clan requirement is to join, even if you don’t always use a mic. Just text chat etc as well.

get to max character level and use power surge bounties

Thanks. Quick question, have a bit of a dilemma.

So I jumped back on last night after not playing since D2 Launch (must be 2 or so years!). From what I can tell I have the base game + the first two expansions (CoO & Warmind). I don't have Forsaken.
From memory I think I initially bought the Deluxe Edition which included the first two expansions.

As expected, I was a little overwhelmed and lost as to what to do when I logged in last night - I'm pretty sure I completed all of the main story missions on the original game but hadn't played any of the DLC content. I started off doing some missions in the EDZ after talking to a woman, then jumped into a couple of the starting CoO story missions. Finished off with a bit of crucible (got wrecked!).

My question is around what to purchase - whether to get Forsaken now or just play what I currently have and wait until Shadowkeep. I understand that Forsaken was a massive change up from the base game and for the better with lots of new content and changes to mechanics. Annoyingly the only real option to get Forsaken is to buy the 'Complete Edition' which includes the base game and the previous two expansions, all of which I've already got, and its around £40. That also doesn't include Shadowkeep, so if I want to stay up-to-date, I would need to buy that in September.

If I wait, I feel like im going to missing out on Forsaken and all the good that comes with it. One thing im curious about is, if I don't buy Forsaken but get Shadowkeep, will my game have all the changes that came with Forsaken? I understand that I wouldn't have the Forsake content (i.e raids, certain gear etc) but would the actual game changes that came with Forsaken be applicable when I purchase Shadowkeep?

A little bit frustrating for me that buying Forsaken doesn't include Shadowkeep and vice versa. So I guess my question is do I buy Forsaken now and hope to smash through it all in advance of buying Shadowkeep, or just skip Forsaken and wait for SK.

Thanks!

Associate
@Supr3me

Granted, it's pretty confusing at the moment, I'll try and clarify.

The only way to get Forsaken, currently, is to buy the £40 bundle. This includes all of Year 2 (Forsaken + the other 3 seasons) Agree it's frustrating that this also includes Y1 expansions 1+2, but the content in those expansions is tiny, compared to all the Y2 stuff (think 20% Y1 / 80% Y2)

Yes, you need to buy Shadowkeep on Steam if you want to be current, come Oct 1st. However, the game is a live service model, so even if you do nothing, you'll always have the latest "game changes". You basically have the following options to choose from:

1) Stick with the current content you own (all Y1) and then wait until Destiny goes F2P with New Light (Oct 1st) As this adds more free content (select items from Y2, see list below)
Destiny 2 Base Game (The Red War)
Curse of Osiris DLC
Warmind DLC
All Strikes
All Crucible Maps
Gambit / Gambit Prime
All Pinnacle Weapons
All free Exotics (weapons/armor)
All patrol zones (yes even the moon)
All seasonal events (Christmas/halloween)

2) Buy Shadowkeep and then wait to see how they handle the cost to access locked content
With the arrival of New Light on October 1, we’re changing how players access destinations and activities for content that they do not own.

3) Historically, Bungie normally release a "get fully up to date" bundle - Which this time round should be Forsaken + Shadowkeep bundled together - So you could wait for this drop in the next month or so.

4) Go big and buy Forsaken Bundle + Shadowkeep separately

Infographic that may also help:

dLPRHSx.jpg

Associate

If your worried about gear etc and leveling up, when Shadowkeep launches all items will drop at 750 light I think. Also it will all drop as armour 2.0 so a lot of old gear will be obsolete, basically don't worry about having to grind for Shadowkeep.

@LackyT

Thanks for that explanation, want to get my PC side of things up to date so will probs just buy everything (plus on PS4). Can't wait to see what the PC game feels like and having cross save will be the cherry on top.

I've already broke down all the eververse stuff I never touch for bright dust as this will be how you buy a lot of eververse items in Shadowkeep (aside from silver). All the eververse items will break down into shards from Shadowkeep onwards too (and be bought back from your vault with shards) so may as well get the bright dust from them now. Got about 13k bright dust from em.

Last edited:
Associate
As it sounds like I’ll be replacing all my armour in SK wonder if it’s worth just dismantling everything in my vault for shards/dust. Mostly I was keeping the armour for the looks.

Associate
@redrooster303 Nice man - the PC difference is night and day, especially if you have a 100hz+ monitor. We used to raid together on PS4 D1 if I remember correctly, will be cool to see you on PC!

As it sounds like I’ll be replacing all my armour in SK wonder if it’s worth just dismantling everything in my vault for shards/dust. Mostly I was keeping the armour for the looks.

I would hold off deleting ALL your armour - God roll legendaries (enhanced hand cannon loader etc) and current mods will still be usable in Shadowkeep, so better safe than sorry. If you're trying to get rid of your Eververse items, use the "source:eververse" command in DIM and also remember to delete the Eververse bounty notes.

Associate
@redrooster303 Nice man - the PC difference is night and day, especially if you have a 100hz+ monitor. We used to raid together on PS4 D1 if I remember correctly, will be cool to see you on PC!

I would hold off deleting ALL your armour - God roll legendaries (enhanced hand cannon loader etc) and current mods will still be usable in Shadowkeep, so better safe than sorry. If you're trying to get rid of your Eververse items, use the "source:eververse" command in DIM and also remember to delete the Eververse bounty notes.

Ye man, good times. No doubt we'll cross paths again in Shadowkeep. Think I did Leviathon with you and Moon too.

I've kept all the god roll stuff armour/weapon wise (plus 1 each of raid/rare stuff) and sharded the rest. Gonna need a lot of currencies no doubt. The good will still be good probably. Mod components will be a biggy I think. Still got 1000s of tokens for each vendor so will trade those in and get the armour/guns at higher light and 2.0 in Shadowkeep, anything else is extra shards.

Back
Top Bottom