Deus Ex: Ultra High Quality Mod

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
I don't get it. It seems to good to be true. I have been eagerly awaiting certain graphics mods for deus ex which have been in the pipelin for ages, this effectivle pea's all overthem and it's been out a year! wth!

Soldato
OP
Well, it actally seems to work with HDTP and New Vision mods (Edit: and uses their material - they're credited).

It's just an engine upgrade. It kind of has a brute force approach. I've read comments saying people needed to turn it off (shift F12) to read the menus properly etc.

Once HDTP and New Vision are finished, this is going to be great. Everything re-textured and an engine upgrade.

Now if someone would re-do the animation and add some sensible physics, we'll be laughing.

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks fantastic. Makes me want to go and play through it again, I've lost count of how many times this would be now. Pity I don't have a decent enough connection to download it until thursday :(

Soldato
it does work. only playing on my laptop though and the fps dives from 60 to 5 lol. It makes a massive difference on the lighting of the scene, although obviously it's overdone and things can look a little plastic-wrapped.

still, it looks great lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Only played it for an hour or so then uninstalled it, wasn't that bothered to be honest. Although had a funny moment when in the base, I went into the lasses toilet and when I was getting debriefed from the 1st mission the boss told me to keep out of there as some of the women had complained :p

Soldato
OP
It'd easily run on a netbook.

It's one of the best pc games ever made.

I had to work away last year and bought a netbook specifically for the purpose of playing Deus Ex. Usual spec 1.6 GHz atom, 512MB RAM Intel 945G graphics. Ran perfectly.

The retail versions need the CD in the drive though. Might be easier to get the Steam version and avoid messing about with virtual drives or an external CD ROM.

Back
Top Bottom