dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Caporegime
Been reading on some forums this mobo was meant to be released during the first week of april (mid march acording to some places) and still its not out for sale anywhere yet. Is it due soon or release still not known? Gibbo?

Gibbo said:
Spoke to DFI last week and they do have stock so they should start shipping within the next week or so.....
DFI are a bit slow in the UK due to poor distribution channels, something DFI really need to look into....

Hmm, im sorta in 2 minds wether to get a sn25p shuttle system or build up another full size tower, the crossfire option is kinda swaying me towards a full size system. Depends on when stock of the dfi's are in i suppose. :)

Explicit said:
Yup, they look very good!!! Finally don't have to rely on that Asus junk.

Here's the link for the lazy buggers :D
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html

Bit pricier than i was expecting, i was thinking around £130-£135 or so. Might still give one a go though.

EDIT

Ummmm hold on wtf, it was £152 a minute ago now its upto £176. Not a chance at that price.

Last edited:
andyr said:
Yeah i saw the £152 aswell , bit expensive for me at £176 :(

Wonder why the sudden "hike" in price. If this has to do with some supply and demand bs im gonnna be more than slightly peeved. Sticking 24 quid onto a board thats on preorder is a joke, even at its £152 price point it was more expensive than most of the sli boards, now another £24 for fun or something? :mad:

Last edited:
Whats with the insane amount of dots? :confused:

Anyway, pretty cheesy the way the price suddenly got jacked up near 25 quid, it seems to be a "premium" that was slapped on when they saw the demand for the motherboard. Screw it think i'll go the shuttle route, assuming the sn25p doesn't conveniently hop up 25 quid in an hour or two. :o

Gibbo said:
I think I will show them this thread.

At the MOST the original £152 price is probably the max it should be priced at. Then again they'll probably harp on about nvidia buying out uli and the uli southbridge being hard to get so that justifies price gouging yadda yadda yadda. :mad:

Id prefer a dfi board just for a change, ive had abit and asus in the past, dfi was gonna be a change but at this price they can just sit there and wonder why their boards aren't selling.

Gibbo said:
Agreed!

Asus best buy at the moment, Abit is nice and available with Sapphire on the way at even possibly lower prices.

DFI for when you read this you will be hearing from me soon.......

You think they'll let it return to the original price?

Explicit said:
This thread says it all really. Not many people are willing buy that overpriced board and eventually they will have to lower the price if they want to stand any chance of success.

You don't have to be a genius to work this out. Overpriced product = low sales revenue. Is that what DFI really wants?

After careful consideration

munch.gif

Hopefully not. :p

Gibbo said:
Nope they sent me an email with a PDF showing their motherboard to be 0.4% quicker than the Asus board. I think they believe this justifies the extra cost, LOL. :confused:

Bah screw them they can take thir overhyped pos and shove it. On a different note any idea when the new SN37P2 shuttle will be coming into stock? Supports conroe and crossfire, pics here from "that other" site.

http://www.*****.net/content/item.php?item=4932

Gibbo said:
HI there

DFI Taiwan has responded and they refuse to drop the price, so for now that price stands. The other bad news is they are actually selling pretty well, so I guess its good news in a way but not so good as DFI now have no reason to drop prices.

Could you check your trust email address, sent a mail regarding a shuttle system. :)

Ordered one of these mobo's today, my asrock seems to be holding back my opteron 144 because of the voltage only being adjustable to 1.450 (already know about modding it). Plus i want to go the crossfire route in the next couple of months and this sems as good a solution as any.

Can anyone tell me whats the best bios to use for overclocking? heading out in a second and dont have time to read over the thread. :(

I might just try the bios it ships with to see how that is for overclocking. Might be a different bios it comes with. :)

Id say my opteron is capable of at least 2.8ghz, just seemed to be my asrock board couldn't supply it with enough juice. :( 2.72 at the minute and sorta flakey, runs perfectly for games however nomatter how hard they are.

Back
Top Bottom