DFI RDX200CF-DR £30 what's the catch

Associate
At the moment am running an opteron 146 at 275mhz with 2gig PNY cas3 vdata ram on a cheap biostar matx mb.Problem is i've run out off pci and sata sockets and was thinking of replaceing it with DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR are there any catches with this bargan board.

Soldato
A chap in this thread(post 4) bought the board you're referring to, but didn't seem to have much luck with it,I offered advice but haven't heard from him since(obviously naff advice,sorry mate!)it would be nice to know how he got on though.Are you out there mate?

Associate
Yes, turns out my RAM is duff (yet again... seem to have bad luck with the stuff). That would probably account for all my issues related to the board. I actually created a thread earlier regarding it (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17637678 ) - repeated testing using memtest86+ turned up nothing, which is downright weird considering I had left it running for 6-7 hours a day when I was trying to diagnose the fault using my other motherboard. Used a windows memory testing app today, and it finds my problem in seconds. Jeez. This of course was a slight issue for me when using the new board, as I couldn't actually install windows, therefore it wasn't an option (RAM was tested in windows on my other motherboard).

So... probably a perfectly good board. However, because I couldn't get it running at the time, I ended up moving all the components back to my old motherboard (the one I assumed to be 'faulty', yet this recent revelation regarding RAM proved that theory wrong). So I don't know if i'll even bother using this new motherboard now, hehe. Basically, don't let my experience discourage you.

Back
Top Bottom