• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone get the FE version? Anyone?

Soldato
I did get to see this.....

nvid.jpg

that seemed to be very soon after 2:00pm.

I also got an email an hour later noting "It has arrived...." informing me that the RTX 3080 is available :rolleyes:

Typical paper launch.

Man of Honour
I also got an email an hour later noting "It has arrived...." informing me that the RTX 3080 is available

I got a nVidia reminder email this morning that the RTX3080 is available LOL just takes me to the page to check availability on 3rd party sites :s

Soldato
Bots is just a PR crisis management story from Nvidia to hide the simple truth they don't want to sell anything without a whooping great margin.

What's going to be interesting here is who publicly calls them out for it vs. those that say nothing or try and spin it.
I'm not sure about the margin. NV sold FE's in the past when AIB's were ever increasing the price, during the mining boom. They were difficult to get hold of but would occasionally pop up in the store for a few days. I bought a pair of 1070 Ti's for a "normal" price by just keeping an eye on the NV store. Elsewhere the price of AIB 1070 Ti's were way out there.

I'm going to see about the 3090 next week. If NV do have some available I may buy one. If not, I may just hold out and see what AMD does, even if it just causes an NV price reduction (doubt it). Seems like nothing else based on Ampere will be much faster than the 3090.

First time I've seen multiple website down. 3070 launch might be even worse.

Associate
OP
Right about what? he just runs with whatever story will get the most hits in the moment even if it contradicts what he said was emphatically the case 2 minutes ago - first the cards were going to be 7nm TSMC for definite, then 8nm Samsung after kop leaked but it was going to have poor yields, etc. then suddenly Samsung 8nm is all rosy but it is nVidia playing market games when it suits a different story.

Problem is people see the story they want to believe (which acts like confirmation bias) and somehow ignore the rest.
Well said rroff.

Associate
Nvidia are scared about the coming recession and low future sales, so they're artificially increasing demand and exploiting peoples emotions.

Soldato
There would have been limited FE stock as well but that was to be expected from nvidia.

Not sure if you are trolling or not - Bots - Multiple email addresses and family members addresses etc and so on. The nvidia sites had no captcha to catch bots so they worked their magic way too well.

Its all money and investment. If I had 13K cash outlay and bought 20 cards and sold those card for like £900 after fees each thats 7K profit alone. Minus the cost for the monthly bot fee.

If you think of it that way - you are 100% guaranteed to make cash at a much higher ROI.
True.
Not trolling. I did say "make it more difficult" :). Not impossible and of course different addresses, emails etc can be used but also opens the door to failure points that way. Maybe NV also checks IP address too, we just don't know. Can work around too of course. But even a captcha might not work if a call to a single end point to place the actual order is all what's needed. Ordering on the NV website is rather basic.

Associate
True.
Not trolling. I did say "make it more difficult" :). Not impossible and of course different addresses, emails etc can be used but also opens the door to failure points that way. Maybe NV also checks IP address too, we just don't know. Can work around too of course. But even a captcha might not work if a call to a single end point to place the actual order is all what's needed. Ordering on the NV website is rather basic.

Also the fact that a larger percentage of people are working from home all across the world now and are able to login and buy it as well comapred to previous launches when they were out and about working. Also shopping store apps make it easier for ppl to log on and buy items.

Sadly its all about making cash these days - I know someone who has secured over 10 playstation 5 pre orders from diff vendors/accounts who a view to sell them for the xmas period.

Back
Top Bottom