Did you get hit by "Penguin 3.0"?

Soldato
Hi,

So, although Google hasn't confirmed it yet, there have been big updates to Google's search engine, causing big forum threads on SEO forums, people reporting their business dead, website corpses all over the place.

My main website, which was getting 2-3k views from Google search per day, ranking #1 to #10 for most of my keywords, has dropped out of search results for everything as of yesterday. Luckily I am getting traffic from other sources too, so I'm not poor yet, but this is a pretty big hit, losing about 25% of my traffic. My newest website, which is on about 50-100 views per day has increased in rank slightly, using a similar ranking method.

Currently unsure how to continue, but I think I might just start that website again and write off the old one. From what I've read, it's very difficult to near-impossible to recover from these updates.

Has anyone else been affected/murdered by the update this weekend? I can see some small businesses losing everything. I would be interested to see what other people think or have experienced.

Cheers,
yhack

Back
Top Bottom