Diesel dyno day this Saturday (19th April) in Telford

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just a heads up for any diesel heads who may be free this Saturday. We're having a rolling road day on Saturday in Telford at Monster Tuning on their new Maha dyno.

DSF1183-695x463.jpg

(Audi A4 2.7 TDI with NOS and water meth at last years RR day in Leeds)

3 runs with print out is £20 and there will be a BBQ, beers for passengers and prizes given away for Biggest BHP, Most Torque and Crowd Pleaser.

If you're interested you can find more info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/415473485256833/

Cheers!

Soldato
OP
It's great value yeah. Monster Tuning have just had a brand new Maha MSR500 dyno installed, so they're giving us a good price to help raise awareness of the new facility and let people know it's there.

Soldato
OP
Feel free to bring it along Peerzy. Although it's a 'diesel dyno day' we often have people come along who want to run their petrols as well, we just don't advertise it as such :)

Soldato
OP
Maha pride themselves on producing the same results no matter which dyno you run your car on. For example the owner of Monster tuning ran his new Range Rover Sport on their dyno in Germany when he went over to look at them, and when his was installed the car made exactly the same bhp on the one in his shop.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Good to meet you too IanH, thanks for coming down.
If you guys do have a RR day there, there's TONS of space to park (even more round front where we didn't go - 100m x 20m totally free).

Jamie's Golf was pretty funny, his water meth nozzle blew out on the third run and he subsequently found out it hadn't been working at all so his inlet temps got pretty crazy! I think his final figure was 291bhp and 450+ lbft.
It'll be interesting to see what it runs with his meth kit back on, because last dyno day I saw him at where it had just been installed he made over 300bhp. He could do with a bigger turbo in all fairness, there's enough fuel there for another 50bhp.

Not bad figures when you can drive home at 75 and average 55 to the gallon ;)

Silly diesels eh!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Horses for courses mate :) I still love petrols too, my old MR2 was the antithesis of my Leon and I had a hoot driving that even if it wasn't as quick. If we all liked the same thing it'd be a boring world to live in!

People were given dyno print outs, but I'm not sure if they've been uploaded yet. Will hunt them down.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm not much for wheel figures unless it's for massive power cars when you can say "Even at the wheels it's making over XXXbhp!".

One thing I did notice about the Maha dyno is that they seem to load the cars up harder than other dynos - did you find that Gibbo?

Soldato
OP
What do you mean by load the car up harder? You mean because the car turns two rollers?

The resistance on the rollers seemed to be higher than other dynos I've seen cars run on, so the pulls took probably 30-40% longer than on say a dyno dynamics unit. Wasn't sure if it was a way to get better readings or just a characteristic of the Maha dynos, having never seen one prior.

Back
Top Bottom