Difference between Costa, Starbucks and Cafe Nero

Soldato
Iirc. When I visited Starbucks, I tried ordering a bog standard coffee. And milk. They looked at me like some sort of idiot.

Got my drink, literally couldn't drink it cause it was so sweet. Maybe I ordered wrong.
Why would plain black coffee be so sweet you couldnt drink it? :confused:

Capodecina
Soldato
Starbucks are infamous for (perfectly legal but quite inexcusable) tax avoidance.
I believe that the same is true of Costa?
I believe that Caffè Nero pay all the taxes that you would expect them to pay in the UK.

Personally, I don't frequent any of them.

Caporegime
They wouldn't put sugar in a normal coffee.

The mochachocafrapawhotnot things however the syrups are ridiculously full of sugar.

Those are less like coffee, more of a coffee based drink. You can get a Frap without coffee too.

Think of Cocktails vs a straight up whisky. So when people say Starbucks is full of coffee, what they are doing is like they don't like Sushi, thinking all Japanese food contains raw fish.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
They wouldn't put sugar in a normal coffee.

The mochachocafrapawhotnot things however the syrups are ridiculously full of sugar.

This. All the standard coffees don't come with anything but coffee and milk. Cappuccino, Lattee, Espresso, Americano etc. You have to add sugar yourself at the station at the end.

Back
Top Bottom