• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Difference between E63 and E64?

Associate
Im about to upgrade my machine and was wondering is it worth forking out the extra 20 quid for the E6400?

Im getting as ASrock 775Dual VSTA mobo if it makes any difference?

Cheers

Cob

Cob

Soldato
There's an awful echo in here :p

And no it's usually not worth the extra cash for the E6400 (speaking as a former owner or an E6400).

But the ASrock 775Dual VSTA won't clock to a high FSB (maybe 330), and so the extra multiplier of the E6400 would help in your case.

Associate
OP
Sorry im fairly new to overclocking :S

But form what has been posted id be better off getting the E6400 as it has a higher multiplier which will compensate for the lower FSB of my mobo?

Am i right?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Are you getting that board because it's cheap or because you wish to keep your old DDR and AGP graphics card?

*edit*

Well that answers my question.

No there's no other board that gives you those options.

Associate
b.cummins said:
that's a pretty random number. Does the E6600 run at the same FSB just with a greater multiplier?

Not random at all, just the next number in the Intel series! AT style PC CPU's started at 33MHz, the PCI bus frequency. Pentium started at 66Mhz (33 x2), then got to 100 (33 x 3) then 133 (100 x 4/3) and so on. 267 (actually 266.66.. ) is 33 x 8. They are going to 333 next. :D

Yes I know there were Pentium 60's and 90's as well, these had the PCI bus underclocked to 30Mhz.

Permabanned
swatjosh said:
Im getting tho mobo as i got an AGP x1950 Pro the other week! Damn my impatience!

then in that case cant you just get an agp mobo with ddr2 support as well, should be better than the asrock you want to get, plus you should neber have bought a rig one peice at a time, your gona pay so much due to p+p lol

Back
Top Bottom