difference between the dell 24 inches

Associate
E248WFP and 2407WFP-HC

whats the main difference, is it picture quality or panel type or just the inputs on both. i originally thought the e248 didnt support HDCP but it seems it does.

Are they good monitors?

Man of Honour
The E248WFP is TN Film based, has fewer inputs and ergonomic adjustments. The 2407WFP-HC is S-PVA based and is the more premium model

Soldato
what sort of difference will i notice. ive read the faq but in real terms is there anything major ?

I guess the TN panels only display 6bit 16.2 million colours compared to 8bit 16.7 Million which leads to washed out colours as the screen needs to dither colours. And bad viewing angles.

Man of Honour
have a read here about panel technologies: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm

main difference in performance is related to viewing angles. have a read of my review of the Samsung SM245B which is very similar in performance characteristics to the E248WFP. There's also the review of the 2407WFP-HC to compare :)

the above remark regarding 6-bit colour depth is not strictly true though. Having a 6-bit panel with FRC should not lead to washed out colours and in fact modern panels are very good in terms of colour accuracy. Modern FRC are also improved, and you'd be very hard pressed to spot any real difference in terms of colour depth or colour accuracy between a TN Film panel and other technologies (assuming calibration is done).

Back
Top Bottom