• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Difference in FPS

Man of Honour
Most games have totally different dependencies on different hardware. What I mean by this is some games might not show any increase at all from cpu but will see huge increase on 3dcard beef (To a point) and vice versa. I think FEAR is quite CPU dependent so you should see a nice increase there, especially at high resolutions. Not sure about the others.

Associate
Zefan said:
Most games have totally different dependencies on different hardware. What I mean by this is some games might not show any increase at all from cpu but will see huge increase on 3dcard beef (To a point) and vice versa. I think FEAR is quite CPU dependent so you should see a nice increase there, especially at high resolutions. Not sure about the others.

yep what he said depends on the game i dont own any of them ones but i know games that are based on steam hl2,dod:S,cs:S are all cpu dependant and so cpu speeds can influence them a lot. other games are less effected.

Associate
I would have thought that if they are all cooled to similar temperatures there would be little or no difference between them. The E6600 has a bigger L2 cache but this usually has no effect on performance in computer games.

Permabanned
it is still worth having it clocked to 3ghz though as it is no real stress on the cpu, it means windows will boot faster games will load quicker and so will mnaps, it might make no difference to fps, but you have still got into the game quicker, which on bf2142, could make the difference between commander or getting in that jet

Caporegime
tomanders91 said:
What would the difference in gaming be between a E6600 at stock, and an E6600 at 3ghz? With 2gb of ram and a decent graphics card? games like BF2142 and company of heroes and oblivion?

In oblivion you will get better FPS.

That game is very cpu dependent

Associate
There's no downside to overclocking a CPU, its going to increase performance no matter what.

Unless of course its overheated etc.

I have a E6600 overclocked to 3.2 GHz ATM but thats on the Stock cooler. Im about to get a Tuniq Tower 120 which will cool it further giving me more chance to overclock it further.

Back
Top Bottom