Differences in Pay

fez

fez

Caporegime
Dude, IT support is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination. If you quit they could retrain someone from scratch to do your job in months. The vast majority of IT support is very simple and repetitive.

Oh and your argument about all the IT people striking is a nice one. Perhaps we should pay the binmen £50k a year because we would all have problems if they stopped collecting.

Soldato
I do work hard to improve my pay bracket and I have done so. How many times I have had to say that is not about me but about IT in general.

I think I do a lot more than reboot a few computers. My point seems lost here because all of you fail to see a bigger context and try to make it personal. I give up.

edit: the reason I don't feel lucky to have my job is because I have worked hard to get where i am and did not get here because i know people or went to a special school.

Not sure how old you are but I genuinely suggest you look for a post elsewhere, the easiest way to get a pay rise is to change employer.

No point bitching about the lot you have if you won't do anything or can't do anything in the current post to improve it. So move.

Soldato
Not sure how old you are but I genuinely suggest you look for a post elsewhere, the easiest way to get a pay rise is to change employer.

No point bitching about the lot you have if you won't do anything or can't do anything in the current post to improve it. So move.

Who is going to employ someone who admits on a public forum that he sleeps on the job?

Soldato
Dude, IT support is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination.

That depends on what you are supporting and in which environment.

You don't want any old Tom, Dick, or Harry supporting the database server in a mission critical financial institute, do you? Same applies to a SAN in a Datacentre.

It's differentiating between those roles that need skill and the ten a penny "IT Support" roles that need to know a bit of Windows and how to install a printer... the category the OP is in.

Back
Top Bottom