Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Associate
I love this monitor

I have to say I have just received this monitor from Overclockers, it was a impulse buy as my aging Dell 2407 which has now got a few faults( on/off switch doesn't work, have to swivel it around with an eraser to get on/off, and it's now starting to flicker) will be phoning Dell in the next week to get a replacement)

I was VERY sceptical of this monitor, I have seen good reviews and bad ones, so any comments I make is base on my experience with the Dell 2407 and Hanns.G HF287HJ 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor [HF287HJ].
The first thing that struck me was the size (size isn't everything) I had to screw on the base which like the front bezel is black piano finish. it comes with loads of cables and a driver/user's manual disc , it comes with the printed one as well .
Plugged it in to my system Intel i7 12gb Ram & Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850, the first thing is adjusting the brightness ( will have to potter with that to get things right) the quality of the picture compared with the Dell is really very good the colours are vibrant and the text is nice and clear.

In my opinion it's a bargain if you look at the price of the bigger Dell's I have taken some photos to show you, the pictures don't do it justice, everyone who sees it says OMG :D

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9003/img0002te.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8228/img0003rj.jpg

InQ

InQ

Associate
OP
Well funnilly enough i've just picked up a Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 last night (2nd hand). Not tried it as yet though...

Associate
Gizmowithatt , could you try a game with lots of dark scenery & shadows such as L4d, splinter cell or doom3 and check how the black levels are?

Pix would be nice :)

I had the older model and all the details were either lost with shadows or showing as washed out gray.

Soldato
It's pretty much exactly the same. They've changed the DVI port for a 2nd HDMI port instead. Apart from that spec wise it's not really changed.

Hmm, so no DVI, just VGA or HDMI only, seems an odd choice as surely most people wanting a 28" monitor would drive it via DVI.

Still, a stonking bargain at that price

Associate
The monitor comes with the following;

The monitor comes with the following;
1 Power Cord
1 VGA cable
1 Audio cable
1 HDMI- DVI-D cable
1 CD with user's manual/driver
1 Quick start guide
1 Service Manual

Associate
I have to say I have just received this monitor from Overclockers, it was a impulse buy as my aging Dell 2407 which has now got a few faults( on/off switch doesn't work, have to swivel it around with an eraser to get on/off, and it's now starting to flicker) will be phoning Dell in the next week to get a replacement)

I was VERY sceptical of this monitor, I have seen good reviews and bad ones, so any comments I make is base on my experience with the Dell 2407 and Hanns.G HF287HJ 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor [HF287HJ].
The first thing that struck me was the size (size isn't everything) I had to screw on the base which like the front bezel is black piano finish. it comes with loads of cables and a driver/user's manual disc , it comes with the printed one as well .
Plugged it in to my system Intel i7 12gb Ram & Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850, the first thing is adjusting the brightness ( will have to potter with that to get things right) the quality of the picture compared with the Dell is really very good the colours are vibrant and the text is nice and clear.

In my opinion it's a bargain if you look at the price of the bigger Dell's I have taken some photos to show you, the pictures don't do it justice, everyone who sees it says OMG :D

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9003/img0002te.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8228/img0003rj.jpg

Hi,
Why do overclockers say it's the Hanns.G HF287HJ, when you have the Hanns spree HF287. ?
As it says Hanns spree on the front of your monitor ? and not Hanns G. plus they look little different to the one in the pic on the website?

Associate
My one looks like the ocuk picture, with Hanns.G on the front.

Did you order the new model ?
If you look at Gizmowithatt pictures. It's not the same model ?
It's says Hanns spree, and not Hanns G. plus the base is different.

I also got one for my dad for christmas, and it's also a a Hanss spree.
Hmmm strange.

Associate
I ordered mine over a year ago so it's the old one. I thought Hanns G and Hanspree are essentially the same company?

Ocuk should probably update the picture to the newer one.

Yeah same company.

P.s. Overclockers need to change it to HANNSPREE HF287HJ, and also the picture. Just found out the base has change, it look abit different, and as everyone knows, there is 2 hdmi's now.

Last edited:
Associate
Coming from a Dell 2407 A4 would you say this screen is comparable in quality? Currently thinking of buying a second screen (or even to buy 2 new screens to replace the current).

Associate
Coming from a Dell 2407 A4 would you say this screen is comparable in quality? Currently thinking of buying a second screen (or even to buy 2 new screens to replace the current).

I wouldn't know that to be honnest.

But i've been setting it up for my dad.
(he dont know i got it of course as it's a xmas present)

I think it's an exellent monitor. played few games last night @1920 x 1200.
and it was so smooth.
If you play games a lot (like me) you're love this monitor.
I have a samsung 26" my self. and on games thats exellent also.
they we're the same in quality to me. the new model (which is HANNSPREE HF287HJ and not Hanns.G HF287HJ, which there is no such mode) is nicer in my opion then the older model. but that's just my view. others might like the older model. for the price and what you get, i think it's a good deal. it also has 2 hdmi's.

Back
Top Bottom