• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Different power limit in precision Vs afterburner?

Soldato
By a full one percent !

Any ideas why?

EVGA precision allows 117% max power limit

Afterburner 116%

Surely should be the same?

Associate
Could be a rounding issue. What bios are you on?

Try going in to GPU-Z and then to the Advanced tab. Then Scroll down to 'Power Limit' and check what it says under 'Maximum'. It's common to have maximums like 120.7% or 114.3% and so on.

Soldato
OP
116.8%

Ok on similar theme voltage control slider adjustable in precision but not afterburner?

On my gtx 1080 it was adjustable in afterburner?

Last edited:
Associate
Rounding error in the GUI of the programs then. One is counting 116.8% as 116 and the other as 117.

As for Afterburner, go to settings -> General and make sure 'Unlock Voltage control' is ticked, along with 'Unlock Voltage Monitoring'. If it doesn't work, use one of the other options (reference/extended, etc.) on the drop down menu, depending on your card type.

Soldato
OP
Ready got voltage monitoring and control checked.

Not sure I've seen the other options you mentioned before I'll have a look cheers.

Back
Top Bottom