Difficult Choice: Please Help Me

Associate
Hey Guys,

I have around £250 to spend, and i am either going to buy an Nvidia 7800GT, ATi Radeon X1800XT or AMD 64 X2 4200+

My current specs are in my sig and any help will be greatly apreciated as i am looking to buy this week, and am stuck in a seemingly impossible dilema.

Thanks in advance...

Associate
OP
Given my current specs, what do you reckon i should upgrade, (disregarding make of GFX), CPU or Graphics Card?

My X800XL Still performs well, 120-150 fps in CSS and HL2, but dual-core has been tempting me for a while. Ordering tonight: '*** hlep plz!!'

Thanking you in advance,

PA

Associate
OP
It is broken actually, fan has packed up on the Arctic Cooling heatsink. OCUK said i could send it back, but it is 7days without my PC and i got tourneys coming up. I havent made my mind up :/, i guess i just want to know what the experts amongst you out there would do in my situation, with 'saving' not an option.

Thanks...

PA

:confused:

Associate
OP
I am in the CAL for CS:S, so gaming is really my main priority here...

I am going to go for the X1800 i think, the processor is fine for now right?

Ahh i hate these decisions, i can never make them when its my money involved ;@

If i go with a GFX Card, it will be the X1800XT so the new question is 4200 or X1800XT?

Ordering in... 2hours

PA.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I went for the X1800XT in the end. It outperforms the 7800GT so i thought it was pretty logical. My processor isnt the best but i really only game and avidly browse the web, so i came to the conclusion a GFX card would be the best option.

Thanks for all of your help guys, much apreciated.

Regards...

PA

Back
Top Bottom