digital optical cable

Soldato
i am getting a new amp with digital optical in, where am i able to get an digital optical cable from?

the amp will be used with a Creative Labs Sounblaster Audigy 2 Platinum.

97416-mon109562.jpg

i think it should look like the above image

Soldato
Anywhere really that sells audio equipment! the bay is one source of cheap cables.

All i would say is that whilst you dont want the cheapest optical cable there is dont get suckered into buying one for ike £30+... its digital, it either works or it doesnt ;) The only thing more expensive cables offer to you is more flexibility.

I bought a Hitachi 3m one from a well known catalogue store for around a tenner. Its very good, very flexible etc and came with a TOSlink (the thinner 3.5mm jack stye) connector adaptor too.

Soldato
OP
manic_man said:
I bought a Hitachi 3m one from a well known catalogue store for around a tenner. Its very good, very flexible etc and came with a TOSlink (the thinner 3.5mm jack stye) connector adaptor too.

if its the same one i looked at they dont have them, well i couldnt find them on their site anyway

Soldato
well my friend got 2 off the bay for £3.50 each shipped. They are only 1.5m but their quality is perfectly acceptable. if you dont need a lot of length then its prolly the best route to take in m opinion.

The "elite" digital cable market really annoys me.. HDMI more than optical tbh. Ppl apply all the "old" analogue rules to the new digital cables and the manufacturers are more than happy to keep up the deception....

Back
Top Bottom