Digital TV Internal Tuner :S

Associate
Hi,
I bought a digital tv tuner with my PC (the top one http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/TV_Cards.html )
All i get when i open the program is 'No Signal'.
I think it could be to do with my aerial, i don't want an outdoor aerial.
Can anyone point me towards a good indoor FREEVIEW DIGITAL AERIAL ?
I went on freeview.co.uk and it says that i can get Freeview so it must be my aerial :confused:
Can someone help please ? Thanks :)

Permabanned
Open the options, make sure you have selected digital TV from the 3 options and choose automatic scan.

If you have done that make sure the video source is set to TV.

Permabanned
Probably, i'm not very good with aerials though so I can't really help.
If you can, I would plug the roof aerial in just to see if it would work to be sure that it's the problem.

Associate
OP
Hi,
I tried my aerial that connects to everyone in the house (its in the loft) and it found like 96 programs ! some of them are very stoppy and starty though :confused:
Thanks for the help ! :D

Soldato
In my experience, internal antennas aren't very good at picking up freeview broadcasts and you'd fair much better using the main antenna.

Whats your area like for freeview reception? Can you recieve it normally on a set top box?

Associate
I cant get any reception on my tv card with an indoor aerial. I use the aerial on my roof (via a splitter and booster in the loft). I think there are websites that can tell you what strength you can expect the signal in your area to be. May give an indication.

Soldato
AMDX23800+ said:
Hi,
I tried my aerial that connects to everyone in the house (its in the loft) and it found like 96 programs ! some of them are very stoppy and starty though :confused:
Thanks for the help ! :D

Using a signal booster should sort that one out, I get the same here.

Back
Top Bottom