Direct Ferries changed my return ferry back

Associate
It's because you didn't book direct with the ferry companies, as you thought you were saving a few quid, infact u were being shafted. They do this because the new earlier ticket is cheaper, and saves them money. Be happy it's not 1am in the morning. Next time book direct. You'll find there is nothing u can do and it serves you right for not reading your terms and trying to save a few quid

Soldato
Ferries tend to be fairly flexible. I changed my Ferry by 6 hours for a £12.50 charge last weekend although I was told if it was within 4 hours either side of the original booking it would be free of charge. This was with DFDS.

Based on my experience I wouldn't be panicking, I think it will be quite straight forward to sort out.

Soldato
OP
It's because you didn't book direct with the ferry companies, as you thought you were saving a few quid, infact u were being shafted. They do this because the new earlier ticket is cheaper, and saves them money. Be happy it's not 1am in the morning. Next time book direct. You'll find there is nothing u can do and it serves you right for not reading your terms and trying to save a few quid
Helpful..... :D

Soldato
OP
I'll give them a call today and see what else they can say on the matter. I normally read quiet a lot about clauses and potential penalties but I must have missed something here.

Soldato
Normally carriers have the right to change the timings of your return journey if circumstances dictate that they need to - i.e. the ferry you were due to return on has a malfunction and needs repair work, if they're unable to have a replacement ferry cover that same time slot then everyone gets moved to a different time.

Your booking information should update to show the timings of the new departure, it also seems strange that phoning them directly and they are unaware of the change. I would ring them up and just get them to confirm what ferry you are booked onto. If they say you've now been moved to the 15:30 departure then ask if there are any later ferries that your booking can be changed to.

Associate
Emirates once changed my plane from Sydney to Auckland from an A380 to a Quantas A330, i was gutted :(
Thats like flying to Turkey on an A380 from London... I am surprised they would ever have such a plane doing that route. All my flights via NZ to OZ are on A330 or B737 as generally all these airlines code share the OZ to NZ path...

Soldato
Thats like flying to Turkey on an A380 from London... I am surprised they would ever have such a plane doing that route. All my flights via NZ to OZ are on A330 or B737 as generally all these airlines code share the OZ to NZ path...

It was normally a flight from DXB to AKL with a refuel stop in either BNE / SYD, that's what it was the first 2 times for me anyway, though after i booked my 3rd flight to NZ from Manchester, I received an email saying that the final leg had been changed as Emirates had stopped the DXB-AKL with the 380, allowing partner, Quantas to take the final leg. It wasn't cost efficient for them.

Soldato
My trip was cut by 3 hrs and I'm outraged

You haven't actually said how this has inconvenienced you. If you had activities planned that would need cancelled because of the change, then as the email states, if it causes any problems give them a call.

If you're actually just upset because its changed by a few hours and you have to leave earlier, then I don't see the what the big fuss is about, unless you're on here looking for some compo because the company is scamming you out of an extra 3 hours

Soldato
OP
You haven't actually said how this has inconvenienced you. If you had activities planned that would need cancelled because of the change, then as the email states, if it causes any problems give them a call.

If you're actually just upset because its changed by a few hours and you have to leave earlier, then I don't see the what the big fuss is about, unless you're on here looking for some compo because the company is scamming you out of an extra 3 hours
You have quoted something I didn't say..... Not once have I said I'm outraged.

I've clearly stated the inconvenience it causes me in the OP

Back
Top Bottom