Dirt Rally 2.0

Associate
Dirt Rally 2 with wheel and pedals and Oculus Rift really is an amazing experience. One of the benefits of being stuck in quarantine is that I'm stuck at home. I'm loving the daily and weekly rally events as it's a chance to try the different cars.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Anyone recommend best settings for 2080ti at 1440p? Still a good framerate killer this game! I seem to remember dropping crowds would help as that used to kill FPS?

Running 3440*1440 on my 2080S everything pretty much on max. Your card shouldn't be having issues at 1440p on anything.

Caporegime
OP
yeah shes a real rally driver i can remember in testing for Dirt rally 2.0 i was doing wales i seen her name at top and i was like damn thats actually quick. didnt really know her then. so yeah shes good.

Soldato
Just in, Patch Version 1.17... 14.72GB update.

Why is these fixes 14.72GB!!? People always moan at every minor update for Warzone so i'll rant about trackside signage and minor bug fixes being almost 15GB

Version 1.17
February 16, 2021

Locations:
  • Höljes, Sweden - Adjusted track limits to prevent significant corner-cutting in rare instances.

Miscellaneous:
  • Adjusted performance of dynamic trackside signage.
  • Minor bug fixes and stability improvements (none notable enough to be highlighted).

This is currently the final scheduled update for DiRT Rally 2.0.

lol at this comment

"14GB just at adjust a corner... Next update will be 15GB and all it would do is adjust the clouds in the sky"

Soldato
"14GB just at adjust a corner... Next update will be 15GB and all it would do is adjust the clouds in the sky"

Unlikely, patch notes say this is the last scheduled update so probably not going to be many (any?) more?

The size struck me as utterly ridiculous too, not sure why it required such a big download for such small fixes.

Soldato
Unlikely, patch notes say this is the last scheduled update so probably not going to be many (any?) more?

The size struck me as utterly ridiculous too, not sure why it required such a big download for such small fixes.

That was someones elses quote on Steam comments :)

Probably a 3MB update but in a file that has to be re-created that's 14gb. Similar to Warzone / Modern Warfare updates. Small but the files being patched are huge so it needs to replace them

I haz 4090!
Don
Bumping this as I picked this up for a few quid in the Steam sales. It’s super difficult but I’m really enjoying it. It motivated me to get my wheel and pedals out of the loft and dust off the VR headset. I’ve only just started the career but it may take me a while as I can only do a couple of minutes before I get motion sickness :p I need my VR sea legs back! Superb game though, the engine sounds are out of this world!

Back
Top Bottom