Disappointed with SteelSeries Sensei 310

Soldato
Over the past few years I've used the Sensei, Xai and Sensei RAW. Brilliant mice (for me), has a nice weight to them, love the shape that echo's the Microsoft Intellimouse, and a nice flexible braided cable adds another nice touch.

Since my RAW has de-rubberised itself, I decided to replace it and because I don't want to risk either buying from some random eBay shop or spending a ludicrous amount of money elsewhere, I decided to go with what Steelseries have dubbed it's replacement, the Sensei 310.

It's not a replacement, it's something else and shouldn't carry the Sensei name IMO. It's too light and combined with the lack of braided cable comes across REALLY cheap and horrible in comparison to it's "predecessor". Then on to the shape of it, which looks pretty much the same apart from a bit of styling, split buttons and the addition of the silicon grips, which I actually think are a good idea, but I feel as though they add more to the width.

I'm disappointed that they've decided to completely change up a good recipe, It shouldn't happen with peripherals, if they want to change something up, release a new model and leave the original legend/bread and butter alone etc etc, maybe just upgrade the internals and release new aesthetic designs.

With that said, where do i go from here? Looking for a solid, good quality ambidextrous style mouse as close to the old Sensei size and style.

I'll be paying visits to a few shops, but any heads up appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Thanks @mattpj

The Roccat I wouldn't get one with, i know just by looking at the shape.
The Zowie FK2 definitely looks to be a contender though, i think i'll order one this weekend!

Thanks for you're input, much appreciated.

Soldato
OP
The one thing I'd say about the beautiful looking ASUS is that in terms of mouse weight it's considerably heavier. The Corsair I have is around that weight and for my style it's a bit too heavy. Not like you couldn't get used to it but could be annoying going from your Sensei RAW.

I like a heavier mouse :) feels much better on my hand then having something light with no feel or substance to it.

Back
Top Bottom