• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Disappointing 7950 benchmark results

Man of Honour
OP
Well I can't seem to adjust the Voltage with any utilities, appears disabled in all.

Only Trixx gives me an indication, something about ULPS. I've disabled it everywhere and followed loads of guids on the net and I still can't change the Voltage.

I'd ideally like to be able to do it with Afterburner as I like the program and have been using it for ages.

Soldato
Well I can't seem to adjust the Voltage with any utilities, appears disabled in all.

Only Trixx gives me an indication, something about ULPS. I've disabled it everywhere and followed loads of guids on the net and I still can't change the Voltage.

I'd ideally like to be able to do it with Afterburner as I like the program and have been using it for ages.
Go to registry and disable Ulps:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control \\Cl ass\\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

and change "EnableUlps" to 0 under the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys.

also what version you using of Afterburner? did u enable the voltage control in Afterburner ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I already did the registry tweaks and didn't succeed. I was using 2.1 as the beta wouldn't work earlier, just did some messing around and got the beta on now and I think voltage control is working. :)

Man of Honour
OP
7x00 support is in 2.2.0 beta 12 and higher

Running beta 15 now, thanks.

Why don't they release a new stable version?

What did it, DriverSweeper?

I think so, thanks.

I've done a bit of overclocking. I've never really overclocked a GPU before, it's always been CPU for me.

Got the card at 1150mv, core 1100 mem 1500. Not sure what the card can take voltage wise tbh, temps during the Heaven benchmark reached 70 degrees, with the standard fan profile.

Here's the new score, I'm getting happier. :)

unigin3.png

If anyone has any pointers on what settings are safe to run at that'd be appreciated. :)

Soldato
AMD make some very good cards, but they still suffer from too many driver bugs. It is crazy that you need to use third party software (DriverSweeper) to remove registry gremlins after upgrading from one AMD card to another. I had exactly the same issue recently after going from a 6850 to a 6950, and they were of the same series.

Once you get them working though, they tend to be fine:).

Soldato
AMD make some very good cards, but they still suffer from too many driver bugs. It is crazy that you need to use third party software (DriverSweeper) to remove registry gremlins after upgrading from one AMD card to another. I had exactly the same issue recently after going from a 6850 to a 6950, and they were of the same series.

Once you get them working though, they tend to be fine:).

Never had to use driversweeper or when changing from AMD card to AMD.
Yes some people may have to do that but i have seen the same for some people on the NV forum, its just that you make it sound like its only a possible blanket AMD issue for some users and not for some NV users and very likely compounded by the fact that it has personally happened to you with AMD and may not of happened to you personally with NV.
There is far to much my experience = de-facto.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
33061 now on 3D Mark Vantage.

1250mV, 1100 core, 1500 mem. I had to up the voltage as otherwise BF3 crashed.

82 degrees max on afterburner. Will do some more tweaking till I find a happy medium.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
unigine.png

:)

I think I can push it more, that was 1250mV, 1200 core 1600 mem.

I'd like to find out the max safe voltage for 7950's.

EDIT.

MSI won't let me go above 1200/1600 though. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom