Disney+ is it any good ?

Soldato
Disney+ is it any good ?
with it getting advertised all over lately but not showing anything really, ive had a few questions.

Has anyone used it yet ?
Is it any good ?
Is it worth getting ?
How does it compare to others like netflix and amazon ?

I have most of the movies or have access to them does disney+ have anything worth paying the monthly fee for ?

Soldato
I have it and would say that it looks and feels very similar to Netflix from a user point of view.

I only tested a couple of Pixar shorts and the Mandalorian but the picture quality of all was superb.

It has 10 Star Wars films for example and the ones I checked were 4k HDR etc etc.

There is a 7 day free trial so why not give it a go?

Soldato
I think for just a bit over the price of a pint its a no brainer. So much content on there when i was flicking through yesterday.
I plan on doing a Simpsons binge which will last me a good while. Nat Geo content is a nice bonus but a shame that AirCrash investigation isn't on there.

Soldato
OP
I have it and would say that it looks and feels very similar to Netflix from a user point of view.

I only tested a couple of Pixar shorts and the Mandalorian but the picture quality of all was superb.

It has 10 Star Wars films for example and the ones I checked were 4k HDR etc etc.

There is a 7 day free trial so why not give it a go?

It's a free 7day trial so no risk but yer, the catalogue of Disney, marvel and star wars franchises is rather sizable.

Thanks, so the movie quality is excellent, it would be worth checking out if I wanted to watch a movie in good HD or UHD.

over time Ive got most of the movies or seen them a number of time on disney, sky disney or steam, so its not something that interests me, does it have any content outside the Disney movies ?

Any new shows ? the mandalorian seam to be the only one
Maybe older show home improvement, boy meets world, married with children

Thread already running in the Home Cinema forum is worth a look and would save splitting the discussion:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/disney.18879058/
Thanks ill check it out

Soldato
I couldn't see myself getting the benefit out of a subscription. All the Star Wars and Marvel movies? Sure, fantastic price for all that contents, but I'm really not going to watch those over and over. Disney stuff, massive cinema goers and again, I don't tend to watch the same films over and over again.
Mandalorian obviously interests, I'll wait for all episodes to be available and use my 7-day trial at that point. When S2 of that eventually appears, I'll pay for a month and binge that too.

I can see where many people will get their money's worth, I wasn't sure I would.

Soldato
I would say it's certainly worth it, especially if you have kids.

The interface is exactly the same as Netflix with suggestions, continue watching etc.

Soldato
It was a no-brained for me. Wife and kids love Disney movies, I've never sent a few classic (Lion King, Little Mermaid, etc.) so can catch up and has 4K Star Wars and the final series of The Clone Wars. That'll do for £50.

Associate
ok don't have Disney + as for some strange reason the app won't download on my tv, even those my tv support it. from what I read so far a lot of the bug that was discover on launch in USA and which have been fixed in USA, are present in the Disney + over here. namely the incorrect viewing aspect of the Simpsons. in the usa they let you choice viewing aspect. so for those in uk thinking of binge watching from the first episode they will see viewing aspect is zoom in.

Soldato
Although if you wait a few weeks you could watch all of the Mandalorian on a 7 day free pass as it is being drip fed.
This is my plan. Do we know when S2 will all be on there as well? I think if we're still in lockdown I could get through two seasons in 7 days (after a few arguments with the girlfriend :p)

but yer, the catalogue of Disney, marvel and star wars franchises is rather sizable.
But what's the point when most people have seen the old SWs movies enough times on ITV2, and the new trilogy is so fresh in the brain (as is the MCU). I just can't see the appeal, personally. Although I do want to watch TLJ and Rogue One again :p

Caporegime
The app is excellent on my LG TV, looks great and it's responsive. It's a shame Dolby Atmos has been canned for now but that's just because of current circumstances.

If you or your partner are on O2 you can get £2 off your bill by subscribing through O2 extras so it effectively makes it £3.99 a month.

Associate
This is my plan. Do we know when S2 will all be on there as well? I think if we're still in lockdown I could get through two seasons in 7 days (after a few arguments with the girlfriend :p)

Would imagine season two being quite a long time away yet, scheduled for Autumn but we'll see

Back
Top Bottom