display font is squashed (viewsonic va2216w)

Associate
i have 2 monitors (Dual monitors) that i've had running on a Radeon 4800 HD and its been fine for a while. but the other day i was playing around with the settings and ended up breaking the font.

as you can see the font is broken (squashed).

i tried reinstalling the ATI drivers to no prevail :/

one thing i have noticed is in Device Manager the monitor (viewsonic va2216w) is called "Plug and Play Monitor". so i thought maybe the drivers where uninstalled so i reinstalled them and it was still called "Plug and Play Monitor" maybe this is what its called in device manager or maybe its not installd properly?

fonts%20fecked.JPG

Associate
The monitor drivers isn't a biggy as far as I know.

As for the fonts, unless it's incredably subtle I can't see it.

Is it obviouse on your screen?

Try taking a picture with a camera.

If the screen shots aren't showing the results, I suspect it's your monitor.

Check to see some sort of aspect ratio/upscaling isn't switched on on either the monitor or the graphics card. Make sure it's 1:1.

Soldato
The native resolution of your monitor is 1680x1050. By increasing this to 1680x1200 you've effectively 'squashed' the image. The pixels are a fixed size (hence native resolution) and there are a fixed number of them - set the resolution to anything else and you WILL get distortion.

Why don't you reset the resolution to 1680x1050? Or is this your problem? :confused:

Permabanned
Is this a new monitor?

My mate has a monitor that cant produce native display AT ALL, it seems to be missing a few lines of pixles from top and side and thus rendering it smaller then 1680x1050... HannsG wont even take it for a repair as they keep saying " All monitor will display native resolution"

I sent 9 emails... Each reply was the exact same thing!

Associate
OP
I got the monitor for christmas. its been fine since then, until i messed with the settings (dont ask me what i did - as i cant even remember myself :p).

its strange if i reset the computer the monitor puts the icons on my desktop in different positions as if the resolution has been made smaller and then back to the resolution i've set it at.

something just doesnt feel right.

Back
Top Bottom