• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Display movie on second screen - HELP

Associate
Hi,

Just got a blu ray drive for my PC. Works great on my main screen, but would like to have the movie displayed on my second screen. It is connected via a DVI --> HDMI cable.

I tried extending my desktop, but only get a vwey low rsolution on the other screen.

Any isdeas how this can be done - I am using Power DVD and a ATI Radeon x1900XTX card with latest drivers.

Any help would be great, so I can watch DVD on my second monitor / TV in the correct resolution, as well as work on my main screen replying to emails!!!!

Soldato
When I'm not using good old Media Centre, I watch movies (DVD or otherwise) by dragging my Media Player Classic window over to the other display and making it fullscreen. Works a treat for me.

Soldato
Can't remember how multiple displays work with Catalyst as I've not had an ATI card since I sold my X1900XT in February, but in the Nvidia control panel I can just set the resolutions of my displays independent of eachother.

Assuming you're using XP: If you right click on the desktop and click properties, then go to the settings tab, do you get a picture of two screens that you can click on to set their position and resolution? Can't remember where this is on Vista if you're using that.

Xon

Xon

Associate
Hi,

Just got a blu ray drive for my PC. Works great on my main screen, but would like to have the movie displayed on my second screen. It is connected via a DVI --> HDMI cable.

I tried extending my desktop, but only get a vwey low rsolution on the other screen.

Any isdeas how this can be done - I am using Power DVD and a ATI Radeon x1900XTX card with latest drivers.

Any help would be great, so I can watch DVD on my second monitor / TV in the correct resolution, as well as work on my main screen replying to emails!!!!

Disable hardware acceleration in PDVD if you want it to work on the secondary monitor. Otherwise switch the monitor to primary.

Associate
In ATi CCC check the following sections....

Displays manager - in here you should be able to see the two displays, make sure that the 2nd display is in 'extend' and not 'clone' mode. then if you click the 2nd display, when it's in the box to the right of the main display, you should be able to set it's own res etc with the drop down boxes at the bottom.

{display name}
....HDTV Support (or 'Advanced') - under the entry for the display, if you expand it, you'll see this section for HDTV support (I assume you're TV is HD as you're using HDMI?). In here you may need to tell it which HD formats the screen supports. This should then help choosing the correct res in the bit above.

Avivo Video
....Theater Mode - this may or may not work as should, sometimes works for me sometimes doesn't, no idea why. think it's either driver related or the order in which I install stuff. But you should be able to set it to 'in Theater mode Full Screen'

Associate
OP
Hi,

Many Thnak for your information.

I tried to set the HD TV option, but I only see parts of the screen. IS their anything I should do on the TV?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom