Disposing of something absolutely disgusting (dont read while eating)

Associate
OP
That's quite a conundrum.

I think your only option is to put the lid on and leave it. Maybe in 10 years it will have broken down into something you can deal with :D

Buy a new bin and start using that.

Its not the actual bin we use, its an old metal one a friend used to use to incinerate stuff in my back garden.
Its just sat there being disgusting haha.

Associate
OP
How long have you hadthe dogs and how long has your wife been doing this?
We have three medium dogs and they'd ¾-fill a dustbin in just a few months. Given that you have large dogs and there's a whole garden out there, where's the rest of the poo?

Also bear in mind that, since you seemingly don't clear it up very regularly, the dogs will likely have walked that **** all over your house...

I think most of it disintegrates in the garden still, bear in mind i walk them not long after theyve eaten so usually drop the logs when were out.
Every now and then she clears it up but i dont know why because the garden just needs destroying and starting again after the dogs have passed away.
Theres zero point doing the garden because its just a play area for the dogs, they run and dig it up.
The dogs don't go through most of the house, they're either running around the garden or in the utility at night, to be honest if they're ever inside all they do is sleep so they've got more energy to run and walk when we take them out during the day.
Theyre huskies so the hair is uncontrollable if they're allowed in the house.

Associate
OP
Do you have neighbors?

Yeah, it doesn't smell at all now it just looks disgusting.

punch/drill holes in bottom and allow water to drain, take to tip.
on way back from tip, get some dignity and sort your garden out.

I havent got the money to sort it, needs rotivating and clearing out. I've done 15k worth of work to the house and the garden is next on the agenda after new kitchen which takes priority for now.
Yeah photos mate

But include a loaf of hovis so that we know it's not just someone else's massive bin full of decaying dog **** soup.

Don't go fake-newsing us on this, y'know.

hahaha, i would get banned if i posted photos

Associate
OP
I put our dog waste into our foul waste through an inspection cover and flush it through every few days. If you want to get rid of it, I would be inclined to try and site the bin near a convenient inspection point and gradually water it down. Once it's reached the 'desired consistency' punch a hole in the bin and let it drain.

sounds like a good idea, i need to borrow a biohazard suit first though lol

Associate
OP
It's one of those burying your head in the sand out of sight out of mind things. Who would ever think it would be a good idea to keep filling an old dustbin with dog **** without a plan on how to deal with it when full.

Anyhow, I want to see those pics! :D

In fairness to the mrs its what shes always done with her horses, then when we have a fairly empty green bin week she gets rid of it all in there.
Last year we had an entire new fence done and the guys that did it said they were getting a skip to throw the old fence in and we could also use it to get rid of any stuff we need to clear the garden.
In the end they tried to pay some 18 year old lad £50 to clear the old fence panels instead of £200 for the skip (i hadnt paid extra for the skip so didnt worry too much), so we never got rid of it.
Then the main trouble was she left the lid off before it rained one day.

My house is a total fixer upper, were a young family with a 3 and 5 year old kids, i work 6/7 days a week and spend most of my spare time trying to stay on top of the house first before i fix the garden.
Its a corner house between two streets and the garden is two different levels so i want to pay for it to be rotivated and leveled before starting a fresh with a new lawn.
The main thing for me last year was getting a new fence put in to keep the dogs secure.
You cant mow the lawn because the ground looks like a baghdad bombsite.

I'll assume by the brief and vague conclusion that you disposed of it irresponsibly in some way.

Bucketed it down the drain till it was empty then poured bit by bit with my hot water taps on full pelt so no, im not like that.

even if you don't use the garden, ffs go clean up their mess, that doesn't require money. it's just lazy and disgusting. even a terrible garden can be used with no money, unless it's covered in turd.

They dont really **** in the garden that much they do it in the parks on walks (which i pick up before someone else accuses me of that lol), theyre huskies so theyre out about two hours a day with us.
This bin must have had years worth of crap inside it.

Photos or it didn't happen :D

You dont wanna see trust me lol

Back
Top Bottom