Divinity: Original Sin 2

Soldato
I really don't like the idea of successful Kickstarter companies using it again. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but the $500,000 goal seems ******** too. They know for a fact they're most likely going to get in the millions again and the $500,000 is just to make them look like they're still that small struggling indie dev looking for a bit of help.

I'm sure the game will be great, as was the first, but I'm a cynic by nature :p.

Soldato
I get your point Moothead, from what I remember, without going through google, I believe that it was well documented that Larian nearly went into liquidation making Original Sin.

I am sure with the success of D:OS that situation must have sorted that situation out!

$500k seems way too low to fund this sort of game, the target has already been pushed through so everything else now seems like a bonus.

Hey what do I care? I just wanna play another great game.:p

Soldato
Just reinstalled the 1st, haven't ever had time to play more than 40 mins into it. Will do this weekend. Can't wait! I already know I'm getting the second one though.

Associate
I backed this after backing the first one.

Does the kick starter not say they have the money to make a sequel but the kickstarter money will be used to make it even better.

Personally I feel it would be stupid of them not to use kickstarter they knew it was going to work and will give then plenty of money to allow them to make the game they want without ruining themselves in the process as original sin almost did

Associate
IIRC I heard they are using same engine from 1st game, so maybe that will keep budgets down? Also think there are stretch goals being released today/tomorrow for additional content...

Soldato
Can't believe there's no hype for this game seeing as it's release day is this Thursday 14th Sept!!!

The game is a gem, ton's of depth, superb visuals oh and support ultra-wide screen 21:9.

Man of Honour
I've already played through Act 1, but waiting to start again now on Thursday because I want to make an undead dwarf, love how they've implemented undead.

Soldato
Preordered it over a month ago and we put around 2 hours into coop before finding out they've held a race and changes back till launch so we're waiting for Thursday before starting a full playthrough.

Soldato
Ah holy **** it's Thursday?

I've held off completing the first so I can role straight into the second but no chance I'll finish it in time.

I was just about to attempt to play the 1st again, after attempting about 5 times. I know it has a great story but the RNG of combat really annoys me. 6th time lucky or just go straight for DOS2?

Man of Honour
I was just about to attempt to play the 1st again, after attempting about 5 times. I know it has a great story but the RNG of combat really annoys me. 6th time lucky or just go straight for DOS2?

DOS2 is set like a thousand years after the first one and story wise you dont particularly need to know anything from DOS1

Back
Top Bottom