DIY Cintiq

Soldato
Soldato
OP
I was going to but I think at the time a lot of people were having issues with heat from the screens so I didn't bother, might be a lot different nowadays.

There is a budget device like the Cintiq called the Yiynova MVP10UHD not sure how good it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. I might just splash the cash on a cintiq second hand.

The project does sound interesting through, creating your own cintiq. I stripped down a monitor to see how it would work with a tablet. Unfortunately it was back lit so wouldnt work. Put it together anyway and it worked quite well. But the back light showed up the tablet on the screen. I see how it could work quite nicely though. Enabled me to draw on the screen fine though. Putting the tablet behind the back light would be too thick for the sensor to pick up though otherwise I would have done that.

Might source out the bits over time and see if it can be done on a low budget.

Soldato
I guess this is maybe where you got your inspiration from as a link has been making the rounds on various sites in the past couple of days, but incase you havnt seen it:
http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2379.0

Yeah that's the original link. But it's a couple of years old. I found something on the tube about it.

I picked up a second hand cintiq on bay so I will see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom