DIY DPC Injection

Soldato
I'm looking at injecting a new DPC into an Edwardian house, but it's not something I've done before.

The process looks straightforward. I was looking at using Dryzone DPC cream (it seems to be highly rated). Are these DPC creams really the magical product that they are portrayed to be.

https://www.restorationuk.com/images/PDF/Dryzone_Damp_Proofing_Cream_for_Rising_Damp.pdf

Has anyone done this, who can offer any advice, or experience?

Associate
I'll be using Dryrod Damp-Proofing Rods from Safeguard in the next month (4 - 6 weeks) or so.

Decided on using these over a cream/injection as they appear a lot more idiot proof :p

Have you considered them?

Soldato
OP
I noticed them, but the feedback I saw was that they don't appear to disperse as well as cream. As the process is the same, apart from poking a rod in Vs squirting cream in - I figured there's no real difference in difficulty?

Associate
Mmm.... Where did you see the feedback on them?

Edit: Are you referring to the feedback on their site? Doesn't seem to bad to me, most of the negative comments appear to be focusing on delivery rather than the product performance.

No, probably not a lot of difference between them in all fairness.

How bad is the damp problem in the property, I'm presuming there is one, or is this more of a precaution?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not that bad. I've re-plastered downstairs with limelite rennovation plaster, and so need to inject the DPC from the outside, sooner rather than later. There were a few other issues (poor pointing, high ground level at back etc) contributing to the problem that have been resolved, but the DPC mortar line doesn't appear to be in great shape.

Actually, before I get into this, I'm not sure how the original DPC was designed. It's a stock brick house, with ~6mm mortar but the DPC mortar line is much thicker. I'm wondering if it's slate. I might have to investigate first.

Back
Top Bottom