Django v Rails V .net

Associate
So recently I had a play with django.
Followed a tutorial and got a minimum viable product produced however I had so more ideas on how to make it better and this is where it started to fall down.
I liked using django and found it easier to write then php however I cant find much more help out there on it. For example I have a DateField in the model and I'm just using the forms that django provides, I want to change that DateField in the form from been a text box to been a datepicker. According to the Docs there is a way to do this using a admin module. But no guidance of how to implement ( or no way for a noob to do it) Stackoverflow has one question similar to it which suggests hacking it and using jquery but again with no real explanation.
As much as I liked learning what I have ( I have also learned how to use GIT on this project ) I feel that there is much more features that I would like to add to the App and feel that I am going to get stuck with the lack of resources out there for Django.
I don't want to keep going with it and then find out that 'I' cant do what I'd like to.
Would you suggest moving it to a different language now with better tutorials and a bigger help community before I go to far?

Basically at the moment its just a database site where users can add items and everyone can review them?

Back
Top Bottom