Djibril Cisse

Soldato
41 goals in 49 games :eek:
The Panathinaikos are crazy abusing him.
Look at Luis Suarez who went back to Ajax the other day and had a hero's welcome. Guard of honor from the players and everything.

Caporegime
Look at Luis Suarez who went back to Ajax the other day and had a hero's welcome. Guard of honor from the players and everything.

Anybody that abuses someone based on the colour of their skin is crazy, pathetic. We're all the same.

Soldato
Panathinaikos had a goal disallowed for offside with the score level at 1-1. Replay showed that it was a refereeing mistake.

UEFA need to investigate that game. Very, very suspect refereeing and violence on the pitch. Shocking.

Associate
The jury is out on whether he should have threatened to walk off the pitch like Samuel Etoo almost did. It defeats the purpose as you should stand up to them and refuse to be defeated by idiots. However, it's an unacceptable behaviour and no-one should be forced to tolerate it.

Man of Honour
Greece, Portugal and the lower divisions of Spain and Italy are plain horrendous for match fixing. Sad that it still goes on these days.

Rumours and hearsay dictates that the clubs themselves are heavily involved; they use it to prevent going bankrupt.

I saw a few Champs League games earlier this year when he played for Panathanaikos. He didn't look happy, but his attitude on the pitch was appalling. Sounds like he made an excuse up to leave, and that if he was abused in a racist way it was because the fans were sick of him. Lots of black people play in Greece.

Last edited:
Associate
I was gutted when he left Sunderland. He's very selfish and he was caught offside more than any other Premier League player, but he knew where the goal was. Far superior player to Kenwynne Jones who we also had at the time. We did get Darren Bent so I suppose it was a fair deal in the end. Wouldn't mind bringing him back tbh. Can't imagine he'll struggle for a club though

Man of Honour
The thing is he's not young, and the fact he's ended up at, and then has left a Greek side says it all.

As said above the guy is very arrogant, he clearly thinks he's better than he is / is disruptive.

Associate
Greece, Portugal and the lower divisions of Spain and Italy are plain horrendous for match fixing. Sad that it still goes on these days.

Rumours and hearsay dictates that the clubs themselves are heavily involved; they use it to prevent going bankrupt.

I saw a few Champs League games earlier this year when he played for Panathanaikos. He didn't look happy, but his attitude on the pitch was appalling. Sounds like he made an excuse up to leave, and that if he was abused in a racist way it was because the fans were sick of him. Lots of black people play in Greece.

His own arrogance summoned the inflatable bananas into existence then ;). Maybe his attitude was shaped by the abuse he'd suffered. I don't really follow the greek league, but would you want to stay at a club where the fans had that attitude to your race?

Personally I think it could be a bit of both, but we'll never know. I think the abuse far out-weighs the attitude of a player.

Associate
OP
The thing is he's not young, and the fact he's ended up at, and then has left a Greek side says it all.

As said above the guy is very arrogant, he clearly thinks he's better than he is / is disruptive.

Tbh i don't care about his attitude he should not be suffering attacks like this one . In this day and age it's appalling for a human to be taunted for their skin colour or race .

Associate

He is actually an idol of the Pana supporters - it's the rival fans who are the ones abusing him hence he wants out the league - he has paid homage to his own supporters.

Back
Top Bottom