Do all printers cain all your ink away ?

Printer Rant......

In a bad mood atm over my printer (Epson Photo RX425), basicly the ink for this thing costs about £30, I buy the ink cartridges, whack them in the printer and they charge up and everythings fine, yet if I don't print nothing for more than 4-5 days and then when I go to use the printer my docoments come out patchy, I do a print nozzel check and you can cleary see lines missing so I have to clean the heads, problem is cleaning the heads cains about 15-20% of my ink and usualy it takes about 3-4 times to get them clean again,

Now usaully to stop this from happening I have to print out a test page or random doc at least once aday to keep the ink flowing, the thing is sometimes I forget to do this and that means when I do come to print sometihng out £30 worth of ink has gone down the drain, like tonight, in fact I nearly throw the printer out the window (I know, hardly rational behavior but it really stressed me),

Is this the way all inkjet printers work ?, b-cos tbh I've never really own'd a printer that ever really seems to work right and ends up costing me an arm and a-leg in ink, can you not leave them on for a few days without them having to go througth head cleaning cycles,

Also what would anyone recommend as a relieable inkjet printer, I only ever print out word documents and web pages etc, I was thinking of going over to budget laser jet, are these just as problematic ?

Last edited:
Ren.182 said:
I don't use a printer no more. It just started to mess up... and the heads were knackered. I just find printers more trouble than they are worth.

Was a good printer though while it worked. I just email my documents to college now and print them there...

EDIT:
Couldn't you make a scheduled task to print out a document/test page once a day automatically?
Try making one here...
Start> Program files> Accessories> System Tools> Scheduled tasks.

Go there and see if you can set it to print something. Not really a solution, but it keeps your ink flowing.

cheers, thats a good idea, I can't see why that should'nt solve the problem, well at least until I find a better printer.

Back
Top Bottom