Do extra terrestrials exist? If so...

Associate
Do you believe in extra terrestials/aliens? If so why? or Why do you not believe?

Have you had a personal experience that is unexplainable or has your own reseach in ufology reinforced your own belief? Please share :)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I believe that there is probably life out there somewhere. However I do not believe it has come into contact with us

Permabanned
I am agnostic about the issue. However in the words of my favourite fictional character...."I want to believe"

I do find it interesting that many people who profess a belief that God(s) do not exist citing that there is no evidence and as such the default position must be negative, will hold the contrary position regarding extra terrestrial life given the criteria are basically the same....

I am agnostic about God, therefore logically I am agnostic about ETs......

Last edited:
Soldato
It would be very arrogant to believe we are the only living organism in the entire universe. I have no doubt that "life" exists out there but not as we know it.

As for little green/grey/one eyed/glowing finger men visiting us - I doubt it.

Soldato
It would be very arrogant to believe we are the only living organism in the entire universe. I have no doubt that "life" exists out there but not as we know it.

As for little green/grey/one eyed/glowing finger men visiting us - I doubt it.
You just saved me typing that out! I was about to write something almost word for word matching yours.

Caporegime
I believe there are other life forms, and potentially an unlimited amount. I think it is more than highly likely that at least one of those is among us or has visited / watches us.

Soldato
Aliens do, of course, exist, and probably have existed as close to us as Mars...but not in the humanoid form that people always assume they'll be in. Our physiology (being bipedal etc) is based on the Earth and the physical properties of it, and consequently other planets, which are likely to have properties different to ours (eg different gravity) will develop different kinds of alien species.

I think the idea that they'd bother to travel millions of lightyears to come and look at us, and then only let nutters know that they'd popped round, is ridiculous. Alien sightings are hard to disprove, but the sources are rarely very reliable, and a lot of what people see and film, in the atmosphere etc, can easily be explained.

Soldato
To be honest if I'd been watching humans for any length of time I would just high tail it out of there and put a 'do not approach' sign up around earth on the way out.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I 100% believe there's life out there on other worlds, i also 100% believe there's intelligent, advanced life out there on other worlds, why?, because there are billions upon billions of planets out there, & you would have to be incredibley arrogant to believe that in the vastness of space, we are the only intelligent advanced race in existence, that i don't buy.

Oh & i don't believe we've been visited by ET on his/her/its grand tour of the cosmos, i don't buy that either.

Soldato
My point amply being illustrated here....:p

Haha I noticed your ninja edit, reflecting what I said.

There is, though, substantial evidence hinting towards the existence of life on other planets. And we know that the Earth is not the only planet which has the possibility of supporting life.

Also, currently scientists generally determine life supporting planets to be those that have water on them, but in other parts of the universe it's entirely plausible that life does not need water to support it. It may even be that there is life closer to home that we, at the present moment, do not recognise due to our limited scope for testing these other planets.

I do know a fair amount about this Castiel. I shall cite evidence if you want me to as there is very strong evidence, unlike for God (and I'm only mentioning that because you suggested that there was none).

Back
Top Bottom