Do fast cars provide long term satisfaction?

Soldato
A bit of a strange title, I'll try my best to explain my question.

When you first get a faster car, it feels great right? The push in your back, the noise etc, its makes mundane journeys something to look forward to.

I've never had what I would class as a "properly fast" car. My last 2 have been more what I would describe as "pretty quick" Currently I'm driving a Subaru Legacy 3.0R spec b. ~250BHP 1500-1600KGs.

Its a great car, but already, I'm finding myself wishing I had more...

I'm not even sure why. I guess its for those few times you can actually use full throttle at high revs like slip roads etc? I just want a bigger push in the back I guess lol.

I'm not a rich man, and I'm not actually going to change the car as its fantastic and probably about at the limit of what one can afford to run on a small budget, but still, I want to know from those who have gone big how the experience was for them.

Does it eventually after years become the norm, and you get desensitised to that bigger shove in the back? I cant imagine something with savage acceleration feeling mundane, but does it?

With the modest power I have available to me now, I already often feel frustrated by how little I get to use it. I guess that becomes more of an issue?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom