Do I disable Turbo Boost?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just finished installing my new motherboard, into the new case. So far so good..

How long do I let the new thermal paste "bed in" for as it was reapplied when swapping boards?

Also can I disable "turbo boost" in the BIOS and run my overclock at a set frequency?

Soldato
OP
Also to add guys, if I get a stable OC over tonight, leave it running a few days to make sure all is well, can I format and put a fresh install of W10 on and will all my OC settings from the BIOS remain the same??

Soldato
OP
hey guys,

just been set my new OC.

I went to only affect turbo boost, from 3.8ghz to 4.2ghz. (only after a mild oc) on my AIO peak temps at low 70's and a V core of 1.235v.

Will monitor for a few days and then reinstall windows 10 and should be jamming :)

Soldato
OP
hey snips,

thanks for the input mate, am I right in saying that if I can stress test so far stable, that gaming will not put as much "stress" :) on the CPU as say, intel burn or prime95 etc?

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

I started BF1 and after around 10 minutes it crashed. I have changed some setting and testing in Prime95 but even after changing the chip to 4.0ghz on boost at a voltage of 1.245v it still is "hardware failure detected" on one of the cores?

Should I go back to stock or what can I try to make it stable as possible, I noticed my temps going through the roof before crashing, could that be the culprit for BF1 also? :mad:

Soldato
OP
It sounds like your overclock is not stable,

If you are getting ANY sort of error in Prime 95, then it deff isnt right, Prime I find stable sometimes but will still in crash in games due to the extra stress etc.
Have you tried BF1 at stock, could it be the pc is unstable anyway?

You need a base line to work from before you can tweak really.
Yeah, I will try upping the voltage a little more as I'm still a long way off the 1.3v limit. And yeah it's rock solid at stock, played for hours w

Back
Top Bottom