• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I have a defective vega 56

HRL

HRL

Soldato
1.35v
im currently at 2133mhz

i know this is going to sound stupid but before the colours looked slightly washed out and suddenly they look like
they now have a depth and shadows and everything is just more sharper

is this normal

I had to use 1.4V for anything over 3200Mhz with B die Samsung.

Associate
OP
ive been playing since 6:30 until 8:20 thats almost 2 hours and not had a single crash
and ive been playing games which would crash every 20 mins or so
but it is looking like its working

Associate
I would also update your motherboard bios as well. Ryzen did have memory problems when it first came out but the problems were mostly fixed after 6 months. You should not be having these problems. When you next crash go into event viewer there will be a sections called system and application have a look in there and see if there is anything related to the crash. Games crashing to desktop I find it hard to imagine its a memory speed problem. Your more likely to have a hard lock problem.

Associate
Games crashing to desktop I find it hard to imagine its a memory speed problem.

Silently crashing to desktop is a very real and common symptom of memory errors, and memory speed is a very real and common cause of memory errors.

Most common is 0xC0000005, which is windows calls an Access Violation. It's caused by a process attempting to address protected or unmapped memory. When this happens execution usually cannot continue, so the process is silently killed, leaving the user on the desktop wondering what happened. The failure will be logged in the event viewer though, and clues can be found there.

Associate
OP
so while the PC is better its still not correct

ive set the memory to 2133 i don't know if i should go lower or give it more power ?
some games are stable and not crashing at all
but certain games happen around once every 30 mins
but i noticed my graphics have gone back to what they were before and not as sharp and look a bit washed out
i checked event viewer and nothing really happens

when i crashed i went straight to event view to see what it would say
I crashed at about 2:48
in APPLICATIONS
no messages

IN security

@2:47:51 An account was successfully logged on.
@2:47:51 Special privileges assigned to new logon.
@2:47:57 An account was successfully logged on.
@2:47:57 Special privileges assigned to new logon.
@2:47:57 Credential Manager credentials were read.
@2:48.01 An account was successful
@2:48.01 Special privileges assigned to new logon

IN SYSTEM
2:47:54 File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎24T09:26:48.000000000Z) unloaded successfully.

other than these all other messages are more than 5 mins before or after

also if this is a software issue with windows 10 if i change to windows 7 do you think this might help as i have my old windows 7 hanging around

when I did a fresh install of windows it was missing two files

the files were vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64
I got them from microsoft website but i thought it was strange they were not included in windows 10

Last edited:
Associate
OP
After spending a whole weekend of looking forums and posts im still not even sure i know if its a faulty graphics card or software or security problem , but i'm pretty sure its not a ram timing problem

the strange thing is sometimes i can play games for up to 3 hours then suddenly I cannot play for 5 mins without crashing
at first I thought it was a heat problem but sometimes it happens when I first boot the pc and cannot play for 5 mins other times i can be playing the same game for 3 hours

the only game i cannot play with any reliability is the division 2 which ive still not completed the first map as the game crashes every 10-15 mins which is quite good as i'm using it as the test to see if I've found the fix

when I check event viewer I never see a common problem sometimes its securities ,anti cheat or Local Activation permission were the last things to happen sometimes no reports for a few mins before

when looking on the forums a few other people are having this problem they have changed graphics cards and power supplies and still say the problem still persists

Associate
Division 2 (or 1 for that matter) are probably not the best to test for system stability. I've have random crashes from these two games (more so than any others) and yet the system is solid for everything else.

Associate
OP
its not just division 2
vermintide 2
eve online
warhammer totalwar 2
i dont think i've played a game which hasn't crashed for over a month now

what i don't understand is how you can have a PC that works with every game
it has a crash
then after nothing you do fixes it ,no games play without crashing
even if i format the hard drive ectra
its almost like the game just quits at random times
and suddenly your back at desktop

but windows is very stable and hasn't crashed once

the reason I use the division 2 is because it is normally the quickest game to crash most of the time less than 15 mins

Associate
OP
I dont know what is going on now
i contact overclockers to ask about RMA the card at 3pm yesterday and guess what
it dosent crash after ive been playing for about 6 hours waiting for a crash and not a single one
its like the card was listening and decided it didnt want to leave
ive even changed the memory back and just everything is now working
even this morning it was working not a single crash
im wondering the paste on the heatsink of the card has moved and just moved into a position where it contacts the heatsink better
all i know is i couldn't play a game for about a month trying everything idea i could think of and I would crash every 30 mins or so
I give up trying to fix it , contact overclockers and suddenly the card starts working its like a cruel joke i dont open the case or change the setting other than reset the memory timings
if i didnt know any better id think there was a hacker controling my pc having a laugh

im still not a 100% sure it is working without crashing maybe ive just been lucky but so far so good

um im back after two hours of no crashing i go out shopping come back and crash crash crash

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom