Do i need G-Sync ?

Associate
Ive got a really bad display an lcd 50hz at the moment and with the new monitor technology 4k 100hz + etc.. thats coming out, im wanting to play the waiting game till prices drop.
So i have a GTX 1070 hof im looking at a small upgrade to tide me over for a couple of years i was thinking of getting something like the Acer GN276HLB a 1080p monitor @144hz
Or do you think a G-sync monitor is the way to go?
From what ive read the 1070 should have an amazing amount of fps @ 1080p should that not mean i shouldn't see too many artifacts/tearing etc..

What do you think ?

Associate
OP
I mean it would be for gaming it's not a workstation I do play newer games like doom that's why I thought a TN.
But at 144hz will it make that much difference without g-sync?

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the advice peeps, found a Predator XB241HBmipr refurbished so kept within my budget and got the g-sync also 144hz, should arrive tomorrow

Associate
OP
If you dont know if you need gsync or any sort of VRR in general then the answer is an easy no you dont. If you expose yourself to VRR(variable refresh rate such as gsync and freesync) then it quickly becomes difficult for many to go back to non VRR monitors. Why give yourself a need for something if you dont have to? it will only cost you more money down the road. Then again if you have the cash to burn and you dont care about being stuck to that specific eco system then go nuts and be happy for however long it lasts.
I see what you were saying but i splashed out on a GTX 1070 HOF Why waste that power on a LCD TV @50hz i could save myself loads of dosh and not get anything so i might as well get the best i can on my budget till we get BEAST 4K 288HZ STEROID SCREEEENS LOL

Associate
OP
Am a bit pi**ed off got the monitor today and it looked mint then I switched it on half the way up the screen a horizontal line about a mm thick

Back
Top Bottom