Do i need to upgrade my PSU?

Associate
Hello,

I will be hopefully be buying my new GPU next week however i am a bit concerned about my current psu i have in my build. I currently have a Corsair cx 600w psu and have had it for about two years or so however when i purchased this i should have really looked at the rating of the quality however it was the cheapest i could afford and now i have read that it isn't the best power supply to use. The GPU i am looking to get is either a 1060 6gb or a 3gb version however this depends if i need to upgrade my psu as if i do i'll have to settle with the 3gb version. What do you guys think i should do? i will be upgrading to a i7 later on in the year but i will not be overclocking. i would rather get the 6gb as i wouldn't be able to afford the card and the psu.

My current specs are

I5600
16GB DDR4 2133 RAM
Asus 110 plus motherboard

Many Thanks

Soldato
GTX 1060 isn't power hungry, though factory overclocked models can draw closer to 150W.
Anyway would replace that cheap capacitor PSU in couple years, unless PC use is at level of few hours per day.

And unless getting used CPU fitting to that motherboard cheaply would recommend AMD, because they allow upgrading to newer CPU without always getting new motherboard.

Associate
OP
GTX 1060 isn't power hungry, though factory overclocked models can draw closer to 150W.
Anyway would replace that cheap capacitor PSU in couple years, unless PC use is at level of few hours per day.

And unless getting used CPU fitting to that motherboard cheaply would recommend AMD, because they allow upgrading to newer CPU without always getting new motherboard.

Well for the time I have had it its been under some heavy use probably more than a few hours aday but been using it for e sport titles as that's the limit the igpu can really do and normal day to day use. Is it OK to keep for a while longer till I can afford a better one as I would prefer to get the 6gb.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom